I miss at Match all Rules „manage App (not installed)"

JamFm
Contributor

Hi All

Does anyone know how I could create a group to filter out and display iPads that do not have an app installed? For example, because one or the other iPad was offline during distribution or does not communicate with the Jamf.

Thanks 

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Add another critieria group after the current one with 2 criteria, with match all rules: member of Student group. Do not rely on the 'member of class as student', in case you have students with no class for whatever reason.

It is a very important part of the deployment, to have full control over Student and Teacher devices.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Lasse
Contributor

Do you have App Store enabled for your devices? Are your devices supervised?

If all your apps are managed(no App Store for end users), you can make a smart group for Match one or all rules: Managed app(Installed) - is not one of the following- (insert app here) AND Managed app(failed) is one of the following - (insert app here). This should find all without the app, and those who failed on install. Keep in mind, a failed on install might mean they have installed it through other VPP token if present, or the app has been user installed and as such failing the vpp app install.

If you do have App Store open, you may not see all apps if your devices are not supervised. If supervised, you can make a smart group for which devices have the app(User installed app - equals - app), but not which does not have the app, weirdly enough.

Hope this helped.

Hi Lasse,

perfect :-) it works. Thanks.

But how can I set the rule, to exclude all LuL iPads (for example with Asset Tag #LuL) or how can I consider only students iPAds

Thanks for your Great help.

Peter

Add another critieria group after the current one with 2 criteria, with match all rules: member of Student group. Do not rely on the 'member of class as student', in case you have students with no class for whatever reason.

It is a very important part of the deployment, to have full control over Student and Teacher devices.