IOS 17 focus mode wallpaper issue

Nick01
New Contributor

Hi All, 

We have an issue with students changing their background to a custom wallpaper after upgrading to ios 17. Students are doing this through focus mode. I can't find any restrictions to block this. Is there any way around this or a solution?

Can anyone also confirm if they are having this issue too?

Kind Regards,

13 REPLIES 13

MD1
New Contributor II

Hi Nick,

Yes we are having this issue as well. There's nothing I can see in Jamf's restrictions that can override this. I contacted support yesterday and they didn't offer much. Suggested I should contact Apple myself. 

Thanks

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

This is probably something you will need to submit feedback to apple over. Unless Apple added the configuration and JAMF has yet to adopt it, apple will demand feedback and complain that you should be doing their testing for them in beta. 

We should be testing in beta, but not to the extent apple wants.

malverson
New Contributor

I contacted jamf on this too and they said this

Thanks for contacting Support! My name is Pa Kou and I will be assisting with this case. Unfortunately we do not have the ability to restrict Focus at the moment. You can view all MDM Restrictions available below: https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/restrictions-for-supervised-devices-dep6b5ae23e9/web Let me know if there are questions!

ccarpio
New Contributor II

Same issue here. 

Just commenting to receive notifications if anybody finds a solution.

santiagocapo
New Contributor

Me too. No solution. Waiting.

GT
New Contributor

Same thing here too. We have wallpaper configured in the student profile so when that reinstalls it changes back.

MBACWilliams
New Contributor II

same issue here, has anyone found a workaround yet? 

EIES9707
New Contributor

I also asked Apple the question on my side... but refers me to JAMF ;-)

mlowry
New Contributor II

Same here, students changing wallpapers using focus.

kdang15
New Contributor

I'm having this issue as well. Hoping for a fix soon.

chphmu
New Contributor

The same issue at our school. But also: With a change in focus our students can also place widgets on their lock screen. When the teacher locks the iPad (with the Classroom app) the students can simply tap the widget to unlock the screen. Very strange.

chorstman
New Contributor II

We are having the same issue.  Just commenting to see the notification if anyone finds a solution.

DwayneSJ24
New Contributor II

Had a few schools raise this with us too (Jamf Pro).

Commenting for notifications.