Update: Only works on M1 Macs currentlyThe default "Battery Capacity"
attribute in Jamf Pro wasn't reporting information correctly on the new
M1 Macs. We were getting results of "1%" on brand new computers.I used
this post from @greatkemo as a templa...
Hi all, I'm currently working on setting up a deployment workflow that
will allow us to send new, DEP enrolled computers directly to employees
using a customized Jamf Connect 2.0.0 prestage. I've found that a script
+ Notify screen is useful for inst...
I'm working to make a set of web links available to users through the
Self Service macOS app. The links must be categorized within Self
Service and open in Chrome (not Self Service). Any suggestions are
appreciated! Here's what I've tried so far: Opt...
FWIW this is on Jamf's radar. I reached out to support to report that
their default battery percentage (built into Jamf) isn't reporting Apple
Silicon Mac battery health % correctly. I received the response
below:This is a current product issue, PI10...
@MacJunior you could try running this by itself in Terminal locally:echo
"$(system_profiler SPPowerDataType | grep "Maximum Capacity:" |
sed 's/.*Maximum Capacity: //')"If it returns
"100%" (or whatever the percent is) the script should
be working. T...
This was extremely helpful. The default "Battery Capacity" option is not
working on M1 Macs so I adjusted your script slightly to report maximum
battery capacity for these new Macs. Have only tested on M1 + Monterey
so far.Update: Only works on M1 Ma...
We were running into similar issues with M1 Macs. I decided to venture
out and and go with a command line tool called Desktoppr discussed in
Same issue here. Pkg's will work via Self Service for a couple weeks,
then eventually fail to download with a "Error. Package was not
successfully downloaded. 403". Some fail immediately after initial
upload then work after re-uploading with a differ...