Error using signed configuration profile ??

robbo007
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,
I've followed this guide: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/649/creating-a-signing-certificate-using-jamf-pro-s-built-in-certificate-authority

And i'm signing my configuration profile with this command:
/usr/bin/security cms -S -N "JamfSign" -i ~/Desktop/Custom.mobileconfig -o ~/Desktop/Custom-signed.mobileconfig

I don't get any errors when signing but when I try and upload the signed configuration profile to Jamf I get a "File cannot be processed" error. If I double click on the signed profile to test it on a mac I get an error opening it.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@robbo007 Have you used Profile Creator before? It has Jamf Connect payloads prebuilt and the profile can be signed during the export process without too much guesswork.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jmandler
New Contributor III

Possibly a silly question, but are you using "JamfSign" as the common name (CN) of the certificate? The data after --sign must be the CN.

robbo007
New Contributor III

Good question. No, I'm using the actual certificate I created in keychain and then uploaded to my jamf server then added again to my keychain again. (process is the same as start of the document). I've also tried using the -Z" value "Subject Key Identifier" to sign the configuration and I get the same results.

The configuration profile I'm using was created on the jamf server and then downloaded.

I'm try to get jamfconnect Azure AD integration working under Prestage. IT works if I push out via policies to the already enrolled computers but I need this working at prestage level.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@robbo007 Have you used Profile Creator before? It has Jamf Connect payloads prebuilt and the profile can be signed during the export process without too much guesswork.

robbo007
New Contributor III

@mainelysteve Thanks I'll take a look.

robbo007
New Contributor III

Right Profile Creator rocks. So much easier. Got the profile signed and now prestage authenticates with Azure AD. Cheers