9.4 issues so far

bbelew
Contributor

If you click on users, search and select a user. The screen stays blank. Cleared cache and refreshed. No change.

When editing a device if you try to edit a user and put them into a group clicking save appears to do nothing.

16 REPLIES 16

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

a built in "Inventory Update" for policies isn't working for our 9.4 install. This is a serious issue if it's happening to others.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I should clarify by stating that "recon" still works. Anyone using this in production could add "jamf recon" to the end of any policy as a command. Still, I hope this isn't happening to others!

TomH
New Contributor III

Our Inventory Update policy is working here on 9.4 haveing been upgraded from 9.32.

OD Binding still doesn't seem to work though, in the logs it looks like it adds a random character onto the end of the bind password. However the value stored in the DB is correct. :(

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

How interesting.

alanmcseveney
New Contributor

If you'd like to see Casper updates that only address bugs without introducing new features at the same time, please vote up my feature request:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=2345

Thanks,

Alan.

Sfrench
New Contributor

Just received the 9.4 update notice, given the noted issues above.. would anyone recommend I hold off on the install ? Still a newbie, though year 2 : )

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Install it in a test environment. That's always the best way to go. That way you can play with everything and decide when the time is right. This release fixed a pretty serious issue for me so I'm running through testing as quick as I can.

sgrall
New Contributor III

Self Service featured items with mandatory descriptions don't allow you to initiate the policy. This alone will prevent us from upgrading.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Sorry to hear that you're seeing that. I can confirm that, in my case this is NOT occurring. I can initiate any and all policies, from the featured page with mandatory descriptions.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

P.S. I seem to be the only one experiencing the "update inventory" issue I mentioned above. JAMF support has been testing this for me all morning and cannot replicate the issue. I've also verified that a few other sites are using the "Update Inventory" checkbox and it's running properly at the end of a policy.

Shearer
New Contributor

OK so sounds like I'll wait until 9.4.1.

My thanks to those on the bleeding edge.

wyip
Contributor

@Chris_Hafner what are you seeing when using the built-in Inventory Update?

I started using a script set to run After to do a "jamf recon" because I kept getting JSS "not accessible" errors when using the built-in inventory update. I just updated my dev server to 9.4 and will try it out on there.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

@wyip I've seen those errors in the past, sporadically. Such that it really isn't an issue for us as I know there are legitimate reasons for a policy to start and then be unable to reach the jss by the time inventory runs. We are, almost completely laptop based here. Basically, the policy simply acted as though it didn't have the "Update Inventory" checkbox marked. No errors, no hangups... just nothing after the policy runs.

However, I do have a remote session scheduled for 11am EST to go voer this. I should be able to shed some more light on what is seemingly, a unique problem. Otherwise 9.4 is running like a champ! This is actually one of the better releases as far as bugs go!

Not applicable

If you re-Recon or jamf enroll the remote machine that is giving a "not accessible" error, and then re-run the policy, what happens?

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

9.4 implemented this Feature Request as follows:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=618w

Looks like the inventories are being delayed on purpose when run as part of a "self-service" policy. See, it's not a problem, it's a feature!

Thanks to @mm270 for pointing this out for me.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

So. Here I am on day what... 3 and everything is perfect so far! Seriously, who's having NEW issues? Anyone?