API: Miminum Permissions for POST/computers?

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Dear Experts,

I would like to know what are the minimum permissions that I have to give an account so that it can do a "POST/computers" via the API. I have tried with

CRU for Computers
RU for Users

and still got "Error: Not authorized for a user POST" :(

I tried to add 'Enrollment' but that does not improve anything.

The command works when I give the account full admin permissions, but I would like to reduce the permissions to the strict minimum for this account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamF
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create Computers and Create Users is the minimum for the server to create the computer object. However, the server will respond with an error unless you include the Update Computers privilege as well. That's likely a product issue though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SamF
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create Computers and Create Users is the minimum for the server to create the computer object. However, the server will respond with an error unless you include the Update Computers privilege as well. That's likely a product issue though.

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Thanks Sam, that really did it. I never would have though that Create Users is necessary, as I don't pass any user info. Now the account has a set of permissions I can live with.

G_M_
New Contributor III

@Sam.Fortuna Thanks for the tip, that was of help to me too!

Steven_Xu
Contributor
Contributor

@Sam.Fortuna Thanks for the tip, you saved me. I created a api account and tested in Jamf pro web console, it has permission to update computer inventory, but not in policy script.