Code42 (Cloud) Deploy and Serialize

j_allenbrand
Contributor

Hi, It seems we are having issues getting our newest version of Code42 to serialize/add the server info. It seems to install the app ok but it doesn't fill in the clients.us.code42.com server info.

Does anyone have any scripts that would help get this to work? We are also trying to get this to work on Big Sur and M1's but I think the bigger task is to get it to register and log the server number then phone home.

5 REPLIES 5

wmehilos
Contributor

Our Code42 service uses an on-prem master, so I don't know how different it is for me, but I deploy a deployment.properties file before the install runs, which then tells it everything it needs to know about servers and so on. Is it the same for cloud?

pbenware1
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Same for cloud. Our JSS policy is a a script to create the deploy.properties file and a package to install the app.
The deploy.properties files tells the CrashPlan client where the server is and the default registration key (aka Serial number), which then configures the client app with the rest of the info.

j_allenbrand
Contributor

So we are running both but for some reason it isn't picking up the serial/server info for users..

841a45a3314247aaa8b345410791a9fd

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

@j_allenbrand Where are you placing a copy of the deploy.properties?

Note, there is a difference if the clients are version 8.2 (later) or 8.0 (earlier).
Their documents list out three possible locations. They way I read it, they recommend placing the file in /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan

Deployment script and command reference

pbenware1
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We don't use a package to push out the deploy.properties files, we use a script;

#!/bin/bash
mkdir -p /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan
echo "DEPLOYMENT_URL=https://www.crashplan.com
DEPLOYMENT_POLICY_TOKEN=<our policy token is here>
CP_SILENT=false
DEVICE_CLOAKED=false" > /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/deploy.properties