Database Connection Error with Jamf 10

henryxyz
New Contributor III

Noticed the database connection screen has changed. Instead of showing a screen with entries from the DataBase.xml, it only prompts for a database password. What happened to the ability to enter other information on this screen? Would prefer the screen show the ability to modify other aspects of the connection or just state you need to modify DataBase.xml. Not an issue, but usability and downtime documentation issue. 0176237cbdbf46bea3db3bac0e7def04
9de74ff7455a49e1bfe2cf2d146030f1

4 REPLIES 4

chris_kemp
Contributor III

That doesn't look right, the page hasn't changed. I just ran our upgrade and it had all the fields.

henryxyz
New Contributor III

I tested this by opening the DataBase.xml file (after the environment was operational and properly connecting to MySQL) and changed the database ip address to a bogus address. Was expecting the normal "Edit Connection" screen. Instead, it only prompted me for a password.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

I ran into the same issue as @henryxyz. I changed the IP of the SQL server and updated it in the server tools, tested the connection and it came back positive. Restarted tomcat and was prompted with the DB connection error. Took me a minute to realize that it was still querying the old SQL server instead of the new one. Went and edited DataBase.xml and all came backup fine. This should be edited to let admins change the IP/hostname of the SQL server.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

10.12.0 for reference.