Extension Attribute for Creative Cloud Enterprise License?

kendalljjohnson
Contributor II

We have been issued a new Creative Cloud license for our Device Licensed installs (Labs or multi-user computers) and I'm trying to find a way to scope to computers that are using the old license verses the new license. I can set a policy to run once per device that has Creative Cloud installed but hoping I can be more specific in my scoping.

I ran Composer to see changes from before and after running AdobeSerialization but not finding something I could specifically focus on the see which license is in use. Has anyone done something like this or have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kendalljjohnson
Contributor II

@Brad_G Thanks for that link. I'm seeing different results for Serial Number on each device but helpful to know the Volume and Activated entries.

@spraguga I found a hidden file that appears to have the same Serial Number that is displayed when going through a Creative Cloud app (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) menu for Help>System Info. Seems to be the same hidden file whether it is a full suite install, a couple apps, elevated permissions, Named or Device license, or whatever. From the 30-40 computers I've polled from so far, they all have the same hidden file that is pulling the correct entry for but I'd be interested to know if the same is in your fleet. One note, is it seems to be working for CC 2015 & 2017, but not CS6.

I set this up as an Extension Attribute with Data Type: String and an Input Type: Script.

#!/bin/sh

serial=$(awk '{if(/Serial/) print $7}' < /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache/TXVzZS0xLjAtTWFjLUdN.slc | cut -f2 -d">" | cut -f1 -d"<")

#If a number is returned, print the serial number. If not, the file is not found and will result with a "Not Installed" result
if [[ $serial =~ [0-9] ]]; then
    echo "<result>"$serial"</result>"
else
    echo "<result>Not installed</result>"
fi

Would love any feedback!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

spraguga
Contributor

@kendalljjohnson I'm looking for this as well. Any luck?

kendalljjohnson
Contributor II

@spraguga I threw the question into the #Adobe channel in Slack and Patrick Fergus pointed me towards somewhere in

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/caches/cache.db

I'm going to start comparing the before and after of when the new serial is pushed and see what I can find. I'll post my results if I get anything conclusive.

Brad_G
Contributor II

Take a look at this link. I had the same question to Adobe as we're working through our license changes. Specifically in this location (Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/regid.1986-12.com.adobe). I was able to see a different license number between older installations and ones packaged with our new license. I'm hoping to use an EA so we can create groups to identify which clients have been updated.

kendalljjohnson
Contributor II

@Brad_G Thanks for that link. I'm seeing different results for Serial Number on each device but helpful to know the Volume and Activated entries.

@spraguga I found a hidden file that appears to have the same Serial Number that is displayed when going through a Creative Cloud app (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) menu for Help>System Info. Seems to be the same hidden file whether it is a full suite install, a couple apps, elevated permissions, Named or Device license, or whatever. From the 30-40 computers I've polled from so far, they all have the same hidden file that is pulling the correct entry for but I'd be interested to know if the same is in your fleet. One note, is it seems to be working for CC 2015 & 2017, but not CS6.

I set this up as an Extension Attribute with Data Type: String and an Input Type: Script.

#!/bin/sh

serial=$(awk '{if(/Serial/) print $7}' < /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache/TXVzZS0xLjAtTWFjLUdN.slc | cut -f2 -d">" | cut -f1 -d"<")

#If a number is returned, print the serial number. If not, the file is not found and will result with a "Not Installed" result
if [[ $serial =~ [0-9] ]]; then
    echo "<result>"$serial"</result>"
else
    echo "<result>Not installed</result>"
fi

Would love any feedback!

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Working nicely here!

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

@kendalljjohnson Thanks for sharing.

We're dropping the last eight characters so the casual admin won't see the entire hashed serial number when viewing a computer record:

serial=$( awk '{if(/Serial/) print $7}' < /Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache/TXVzZS0xLjAtTWFjLUdN.slc | cut -f2 -d">" | cut -f1 -d"<" | sed 's/.{8}$//' )