Five Devices all Show "MDM Capability: No"

Not applicable

I currently have 6 devices in JSS and they all worked fine. This is my first production roll out and all five devices show "MDM Capability: No". I have tried removing them from the JSS and using Recon to enroll but this does not change anything. I have attempted to try a few commands but all devices do not have the "Jamf" unix command.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

So I noticed that my casper suite was still 9.93. I updated it and now 2/5 devices show MDM capable. I have not even had the chance to push out a new package. Not sure what is occurring here.

Edit: Looks like they are all updating their binaries on their own after I updated Casper Suite. I have no clue how they knew to do this. It looks like this was my problem though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Craig_Whittaker
New Contributor III

Hey TylerC have you ty the apple push diag app ?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/push-diagnostics/id689859502?mt=12

Not applicable

So I noticed that my casper suite was still 9.93. I updated it and now 2/5 devices show MDM capable. I have not even had the chance to push out a new package. Not sure what is occurring here.

Edit: Looks like they are all updating their binaries on their own after I updated Casper Suite. I have no clue how they knew to do this. It looks like this was my problem though.

View solution in original post

kwsenger
Contributor

Tyler,
Depending on when you have your Recurring Check-In time set, devices which are still communicating with your JSS will update their binaries during the next check-in.

Settings > Computer Management > Check-In