Five Devices all Show "MDM Capability: No"

Not applicable

I currently have 6 devices in JSS and they all worked fine. This is my first production roll out and all five devices show "MDM Capability: No". I have tried removing them from the JSS and using Recon to enroll but this does not change anything. I have attempted to try a few commands but all devices do not have the "Jamf" unix command.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

So I noticed that my casper suite was still 9.93. I updated it and now 2/5 devices show MDM capable. I have not even had the chance to push out a new package. Not sure what is occurring here.

Edit: Looks like they are all updating their binaries on their own after I updated Casper Suite. I have no clue how they knew to do this. It looks like this was my problem though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Craig_Whittaker
New Contributor III

Hey TylerC have you ty the apple push diag app ?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/push-diagnostics/id689859502?mt=12

Not applicable

So I noticed that my casper suite was still 9.93. I updated it and now 2/5 devices show MDM capable. I have not even had the chance to push out a new package. Not sure what is occurring here.

Edit: Looks like they are all updating their binaries on their own after I updated Casper Suite. I have no clue how they knew to do this. It looks like this was my problem though.

kwsenger
Contributor

Tyler,
Depending on when you have your Recurring Check-In time set, devices which are still communicating with your JSS will update their binaries during the next check-in.

Settings > Computer Management > Check-In