iPads and IOS - I'd like to talk with other Casper Admins in regards to K-12 and general direction

ROAllen
New Contributor II

Good afternoon,

I'd like to talk with other K-12 Casper admins in regards to ipads and app distribution.Looking for ones that use DEP and app deployment through Casper.

Thank you and please leave your contact info or email me directly at:

roallen@rochester.k12.mn.us

21 REPLIES 21

mmcallister
Contributor II

Happy to share info and ideas on this.

mmcallister@sbsd.k12.ca.us

ROAllen
New Contributor II

@mmcallister Thank you, I will email you shortly. Anyone else for a wider view? Thank you.

Rhinehart
Contributor

Happy to help Jrhineh1@mexicocsd.org.

paulvb
New Contributor II

Yep.
pvosbenkowski@unity.k12.wi.us

bbelew
Contributor

Also happy to help - bbelew@frontenac249.org

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Anyone interested in having this convo as part of a JN thread, or a slack channel? I'd love to follow along, but would prefer not to have the email traffic.

ayla_abbott
New Contributor III

Yup, I'd participate. abbotta@loswego.k12.or.us

tdilossi
Contributor

tdilossi@ridleysd.org is my contact info. I'd be happy to participate!

fstask
New Contributor II

Happy to help as well. We're 1:1 with iPads K-12 and using all the tools you mentioned. Managing 1,200 iOS and 250 OS X devices, along with many apps. Not a huge district but we've done and learned a lot with Casper. fstaskiewicz@springfieldplatteview.org

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Is there any reason this can't be a public discussion here on JAMF Nation?

chris, Casper Admin, 3000 iPads
deneshac@glastonburyus.org

russeller
Contributor III

If @ROAllen prefers the discussion on Slack (macadmins.slack.com) there is an #ios channel that would be a decent spot to chat back and forth.

I work for a K12 and we are knees deep in iPads, around 1800 are we are going full Device-Assignment with iOS 9.x. It's been a bit rocky, but we are working through it as best as possible.

nsdjoe
Contributor II

We're in the midst of moving all apps to device based app assignments on our ~3,000 iPads in our K12 district. A K12 discussion sounds good. But like Chris said, can't we just discuss stuff here on JAMF Nation?

~Joe

itsupport
New Contributor III

This would be interesting to read about. We're a UK school foundation with students of all ages from 5-18. We have 4:1, 2:1 and 1:1 models in our schools.

JZaczyk
New Contributor

I'm in! james.zaczyk@trinityschoolnyc.org

mmcallister
Contributor II

As @CasperSally mentioned, my preference would be to have a discussion here instead of Slack.

I see that others have shared some info about where they are at currently. We are a K-6 district managing ~3500 iPads, using DEP and VPP (User-based assignments). We have some classrooms in lower grades still on a shared-device model, but mostly are 1:1.
Currently evaluating device-based assignments, but not looking at switching gears in the middle of the school year.

joergradler
New Contributor

i'm in: jradler@interact.ccsd.net

18.000+ iPads in JAMF
8.000 iPads in other MDMs
45.000+ iPads

How about a conference call in January? I'm willing to coordinate and set it up.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Please vote up this FR, "Add JAMF Nation tags for Education". We can then follow the tag and be notified when others create Discussions. I think it can help us be more of a community.

thanks,

chris

ROAllen
New Contributor II

Good morning everyone,

@CasperSally That's a wonderful idea, I'm going to create a channel and provide the link here.

I will be following up with everyone via email here shortly. Thank you.

ROAllen
New Contributor II

And to follow up, I am checking out the IOS in MacAdmins section. I may create a slack channel myself or ask them to create a iOS in EDU channel if they would.

As far as doing it here in JAMF Nation, that would be fine, but having a slack or instant form would be easier to discuss some of the concepts.

At the very least, I'd like to give it a try. Thank you.

@cdenesha Upvoted your tag request.

wdpickle
Contributor

Like to join the conversation also.
william.pickle@bpsne.net

ROAllen
New Contributor II

For Free;

Register to join the slack
https://macadmins.slack.com/messages/edu_ios/

They will send you an email. Once registered, https://macadmins.slack.com/messages/edu_ios/ or search edu channels and we will pop up.

Again, this isn't to replace the forums but a place targeted at almost real time conversation with EDU and iPads. Thank you everyone, hope to see you there.