It seems the latest version of Chrome 75.0.3770.80 is causing issues with JAMF. When I try to add a package to a policy either it just spins and times out, or adds the package twice. When I delete one of those double entries, it deletes them both.
I verified this by finding a laptop that still had Chrome 74.x and it worked fine, but as soon as I updated Chrome to the latest, the issues appeared.
I am still on JAMF 10.7. so I don't know how widespread this problem may be.
For now, Safari and Firefox also work just fine.
I initially thought I had a problem with my server, so I thought I would share to help you avoid going down the wrong diagnostic path like I did.
Anyone else having an issue?
Per Jamf Support:
The issue is documented on our side under PI-007099 in which the newer versions of Google Chrome cannot edit some aspects of policies.
We are aware of the issue, and are investigating it. Currently the only workaround is to use an older version of Google Chrome or use a different browser.
Seeing that same issue with Chrome Version 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Windows systems.
IE would not load the site at all (though that may be due to compatibility settings my org has in place).
Edge is working.
Don't currently have any other browsers installed on the system to test.
I have having issues with Chrome conflicting with Jamf Binary v 10.14...please note the following screenshot and I am now carefully removing any potentially misconfigured configuration profile...I doubt it, because there have been no issues with Chrome up until Jamf Binary 10.4 came out.
@jgocobachi From Jamf Support "We have an issue filed against this, and it's slated to be fixed in 10.15." Sorry, I don't yet have a PI number for this. Will repost when received.
As an aside, this has nothing to do with Google Chrome interaction. This is a symptom of Restricted Software under Jamf Pro 10.14.0.
Update: The issue number is PI-007275.
PI number/description, you say? This one is PI-007099.
The text of the PI:
Description Cannot Add or Delete objects to and from policies
Steps to reproduce Create a new policy and try adding: package script directory binding
The item is added to the policy and you are able to keep modifying the policy or save.
Actual Results When adding the script or package, the policy will spin indefinitely. After adding the directory binding, the policy reloads, but you have no options for saving/canceling.
Use another browser. Preferably Safari
As much as I personally cringe saying it, while I've had this issue happen in Chrome and Firefox, it does work fine in...Edge, which is nice as I do most of the in the GUI admin stuff from my PC so Safari wouldn't have been ideal for me.