PI-002952: Patch Reporting for Adobe Flash Player

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

I've had some issues within my organization (running 9.96) regarding patch reporting with Adobe Flash Player. Here's what I received from Jamf after raising this to them.

Unfortunately, it looks like we are running into a current Product Issue internally reported as PI-002952 Looks like the following Titles which require a custom Extension Attribute are being affected that we are aware of: • Adobe Flash Player • Adobe Shockwave Player • Java SE Development Kit 7 • Java SE Development Kit 8 • Java SE Runtime Environment JRE 7 • Java SE Runtime Environment JRE 8 • Microsoft Silverlight • Sophos Antivirus for Mac The issue is with the absolute path /usr/bin/defaults not being defined for the 'defaults' command within the RESULT variable of the Extension Attribute. An example of a Title that requires a custom Extension Attribute that is working properly would be Mozilla Firefox Excludes ESR. You can see the correct absolute path for this Title's Extension Attribute as compared to the Adobe Flash Player.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

I was experiencing some JSS node-related issues and have since resolved that with modifying some grant permissions. This has now rectified the patch reporting issue observed. While the stated product issue is still in place, this is not affecting my organization...at least not yet :)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

I was experiencing some JSS node-related issues and have since resolved that with modifying some grant permissions. This has now rectified the patch reporting issue observed. While the stated product issue is still in place, this is not affecting my organization...at least not yet :)

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@sepiemoini Thanks for updating the post, I meant to get to this earlier but I was out of the office for a few days. The PI listed above was brought to my attention not too long ago. After looking things over we determined that this was not a Product Issue since it is working as intended but more of a best practice. While we have seen success with the Relative path it is we have decided to utilize the Absolute Path. We are making the changes to those Extension Attributes to reflect the notes from above over the next few weeks.

When we make changes to an Extension Attribute on a Software Title, you will need to re accept the terms and conditions for each EA software title you are subscribed to.

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

Great, thanks for the update @shawn.eberle!

I will look for the change from relative path to absolute path in the coming weeks. Once changed, I will be sure to accept the new T&C for each EA software title we utilize within my organization.

jamf-user
New Contributor

df16102fd80c45d1b377da2363670d6f

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the post, all of the EA's listed above have been resolved to use the absolute path. Look for this line: /usr/bin/defaults
Part of: RESULT=$( /usr/bin/defaults read "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin/Contents/Info.plist" CFBundleVersion )
If you have some that are missing that or other issues with the Extension Attributes from Patch Reporting please let support know and they can reach out to me. Thanks