Save the Mule! He needs your help!

GaToRAiD
Contributor II

Ok, if the subject doesn't say enough, here is a little back ground.

I've created a gofundme account for MacMule in hopes he will be able to attend this years JNUC. He was informed he would not be able to go to this years JNUC due to corporate issue(we all know and love those issues don't we). So for all of those of you who he has helped and those of you who use his AutoCasperNBI, he needs your help! He keeps calling me nuts for doing this, but I think as much as he has contributed to the community, we should help him. He stays up late each night(since he lives in England) to help out US mac admins from his house. He doesn't have to do this, but he does it for the love of the community, lets pay him back!

MacMule's GoFundMe Page

(*Note: to the jamf nation admins, if this is considered to be against the forum rules, my bad, just wanted to help out a fellow mac admin)

32 REPLIES 32

Serge
New Contributor III

Donated. Felt like the right thing to do. JNUC needs MacMule.

GaToRAiD
Contributor II

Thank you, I do agree!

signetmac
Contributor

Donated.

JNUC was inspirational last year. I can't swing it this year, but I'll catch it on video later. Whereas me going wouldn't give anyone a helpful video, Ben would. I'll pay $$ for that video... it's bound to be worth it. So he gets a share of what I would have paid to go. Godspeed Ben.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

bump

andyinindy
Contributor II

Donated! Come on, guys, let's get this done!

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Just donated. If I can give again later I will. I'm not 100% certain if I will get there this year, but I do hope MacMule gets to go regardless!

CGundersen
Contributor III

No faffing around. In.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Yep, I'm in.

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Bumped again to increase awareness. Some may have missed this post over the U.S. holiday weekend.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Woo up to $1050! That's gotta be close to airfare. Hooray community!!!

nessts
Valued Contributor II

Gee I'd like to go too LOL

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

another bump to get macmule to JNUC

link to gofundme

May
Contributor III

GaToRAiD
Contributor II

I want to come by and thank everyone who has donated! Thank you!!!!!!

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi All,

1st up, you're all mad & I love you for it.

This year has largely sucked for me, I was mugged in NYC in January.. they broke an ankle & also dislocated some tarsals resulting in a lis franc injury. The tarsal bones are to be fused, but a date has not been set but the recovery is 16 weeks..

3 months later, on a holiday in Spain I fell down a flight of stairs & broke the other foot.. which has led to some lovely banter:

2f0805b1226c47e8a13651be27dc44e3

& I've had issues with fatigue & my throat.. so an awesome year.

Work have had to slash budgets, including the conference budget.. & even though I attended PSU it was self-funded. Meaning nothing left & there was no chance of JNUC.

Well, I thought there was no chance... I have run the numbers & spoke to @GaToRAiD & halved the fund..

So $2,500 would be enough for flights & accommodation & currently $1,375 has been raised.

You guys are mental & lovely.. & wow.. regardless of if the fund is met.. the gesture is awesome, overwhelming & humbling!

Thankyou you crazy, crazy admins.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Holy cow! Sorry to hear about all that Ben. Sounds like a rough year indeed. :(

I hope we can help you reach the $2500 you need to make it to JNUC. But hey, let's be sure not to break anything else if you do get over to Minneapolis, mkay? Sounds like you've had enough of that to last you at least a couple of years!

kitzy
Contributor III

Maybe we can raise a little extra and get him one of these

optional image ALT text

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Yep, safety first!

1BigGeek
New Contributor III

+1 @kitzy Lol

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

If you use AutoCasperNBI you should consider supporting this ;)

casper100
New Contributor II

I don't use AutoCasperNBI and I still contributed.
Mac Mule is one member of a small group of people on the Nation whose posts I always read - even if I have no interest in the thread's subject.
Even though, in comparison to many on here, I am a rank amateur, I rarely have to post a question.
By reading the posts of the JN Deans, I usually I have the answer before I even knew it was a question. :)
I am sure there are many like me out there who benefit greatly from the dissemination of knowledge and I honestly do not see how many of the people like Ben do it while maintaining a day job and a life. Keep the knowledge flowing - get off yer bums and contribute! :)

GaToRAiD
Contributor II

bump

AndyBeaver
Contributor II

donated!

andyinindy
Contributor II

FULLY FUNDED!

See you at the JNUC, @bentoms!!

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

There goes my expense account.

franton
Valued Contributor III

Someone was very generous!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Wow, nice $643 contribution to take it to the top!

--
https://donmontalvo.com

bentoms

Wow.. many, many thanks.. Guess i'll see you there!!

Oh & i've blogged about this too.

bentoms

Booked flights last night.

Arriving Sunday afternoon & leaving Saturday night. So hope to hang out with people pre & post the event. :)

nlucia
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Donated! The Mule is awesome!

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Sweet. Do you still need donations? I think we can throw a couple bucks your way!

NightFlight
New Contributor III

Okay, Apparently I have to take a gander at Mule's AutoCasperNBI. I'd donate if I wasn't working on the cheap as such... but I figure if you love your job, then perhaps your one of the richest people in the world. :)