The Configuration for your iPad could not be downloaded

mpittcasd
Contributor

Seeing this message on an old iPad Air so I'm not sure if that's the problem. User installed some kind of update but it's stuck at the Remote Management screen when connecting to JAMF. The error message continues "The configuration is not available". 

Reading through a lot of the other posts with a similar message when enrolling. I've so far tried removing it from pre-stage and adding back then waiting, I renewed the token from ASM as well as uploaded a new token from JAMF back into ASM. Our pre-stages don't have any certificates with them that would need updated like what fixed some others. I also erased it completely with a restore and update but still get stuck. Is this iPad too old? Maybe it's a different issue? I haven't seen this before but none of our other iPads are having problems.

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

The question that comes to mind for me, is how old is the iPad and what version of iOS/iPadOS is it running though it sounds like that is your suspicion as well. Jamf Supports iPadOS 14 as the minimum OS version.

Lasse
Contributor

Also check if the profile contains functionality not supported by that device. Sometimes, a separate profile might be needed to support older devices.

mpittcasd
Contributor

Dumbest thing. Took it home just out of curiosity and it went through. Couldn't get it at two different schools and trying different networks. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a bigger problem but I kicked it up to our network admin at least.