Unable to boot from NetInstall Service hosted on macOS Server App Version 5.5

sunil_reddy
New Contributor II

I could see the logs which is mentioned below

netinstall com.apple.xpc.launchd service exited with abnormal code 2

4 REPLIES 4

sbirdsley
Contributor

On your NetInstall Images are you making them available over NFS or HTTP?

sunil_reddy
New Contributor II

@sbirdsley Made it available over NFS and its working fine now. Was getting an error message" the operation couldn't be completed system image utility error 2" while creating an NetRestore Image. Any idea what might be causing this?

Regards
Sunil
Bangalore, India

sunil_reddy
New Contributor II

echo 'Execution of "asrFromInstaller.sh" failed. cleaning up was the error on the verbose log.

sbirdsley
Contributor

Glad to hear NFS worked for you as well, I ran into the same issues when first setting up our environment as it defaults to HTTP. As for the error when creating a NetRestore image I assume you added the shell script in your error logs during the image creation steps. Does the image create successfully if you don't add that extra configuration?

I know I had some issues with root/sudo commands scripts I added to the image that wouldn't run so instead I created a package with Composer that installs/places the scripts and command file to our local admin accounts Desktop folder so when the image is complete I just double click that and it configures our pre-enrollement settings (ARD, time sync, etc.)