Batch removal of apps with Deferred Removal

ccarpio
New Contributor II

We have several app we deleted from our student's iPads. 

As soon as we removed the students from the scope, the apps disappeared from their iPads. But they are still there, using storage, even though more than a month has passed. There's a fun "Removal Deferred. Will be removed on 10-10-2021" message that mocks us. 

I could go to the app screen and remove it from each iPad, once a time, but it would take forever.

Googling for a solutiona I got to this page:

https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-school/deploy-guide-docs/Deferred_Removal_of_Apps_and_Documents.html

It says: "or navigate to the app details page and click Delete deferred apps from devices".

But I don't see this option. Would anybody be so kind as of taking a screenshot and showing where it is?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fluffy
Contributor III

There is a tiny gear off to the right side above the scope details. Clicking on the gear has a dropdown with options including to delete deferrals.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.16.32 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Fluffy
Contributor III

There is a tiny gear off to the right side above the scope details. Clicking on the gear has a dropdown with options including to delete deferrals.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.16.32 AM.png

ccarpio
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot, that would be it.

The problem is that I'm not a full admin and it seems I have that option disabled.

Time to ask my boss to enable it.

ccarpio_0-1636577798714.png

ccarpio
New Contributor II

I just wanted to confirm that it worked.

Thanks again!