Licenses not showing up in jamf

denice_clapper
Contributor

I purchased licenses from apple school manager and they are not showing up in jamf? could they be stuck somewhere?

14 REPLIES 14

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

What licenses are you referring to? iOS/Mac VPP license? Can you please provide more context? 

VPP license, that was purchased through apple school manager 

VPP license, that was purchased through apple school manager 

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Please make sure your VPP token hasn't expired. You can follow this guide https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-school/deploy-guide-docs/Distributing_Apps_Purchased_with_Apple_School_Ma...

jonathan_massey
New Contributor III

You also might want to check if you don't have the box checked for "Automatically Populate Purchased Content" in the VPP instance. If that's not checked then you have to manually add your apps to the app catalog. 

unfortunately it wasnt either of those issues...not sure what is going on  

denice_clapper
Contributor

Still looking for an answer!!  Can anyone help me out???

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

You know Jamf does have a support chat so instead of going here you can chat with them to get a more immediate support. Anyways in Jamf:

1. In the top-right corner of the page, click Settings.
  2. Click Global Management.
  3. Click Volume Purchasing.
  4. Click the location that was used to purchase the missing apps or books.
  5. Click the Content tab. A list of content purchased in volume displayed.
  6. For every app or book that has a red number in the Total Purchased column, click the Refresh button next to it to update the total purchased content.

A red number in the Total Purchased column indicates that content has been purchased but is not yet available in Jamf Pro.

7. If there is purchased content that is not displayed, click the Update Purchased Content button and follow the onscreen instructions to add that content. When you're done, the missing content is displayed in the list.

Thank you for trying to help, I have been on the phone with jamf it seems they know about as much as i do....I tried #7 of your steps and no luck...

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

In ABM did you confirm you have the app assigned to your Jamf?

yes....so i just did a little test and I purchased one license for the app I need that is not coming through and 1 license of a random app,. and the random one came through the one i need did not...crazy. 

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Can you remove the assignment to Jamf and then add it back?

Not really sure how to do that???

Zbd
New Contributor II

This is probably a bit late, but for the benefit of Google.

Check that you don't have the App in the Trash already, I had this issue and couldnt work it out until I checked the Trash and found another listing of the App with all the licences assigned to it.