9.98 issues?

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I installed 9.98 on a test box, upgrading from 9.97.188824529405205225425r9243u5r0234, a notification alert was waiting..

ca8509ee84904e8ba08ee04caa84d646

It links to Settings --> Computer management --> Security...
But doesn't list anything is specifically wrong.

25 REPLIES 25

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@jwojda Have a look at this

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

oh, that worked, thanks @bentoms

Also saw this, which is just a GUI/UX issue...
7d6220ecedfe4030b6a367c8174c9391

In settings, it says SERVER_INFRASTRUCTURE instead of Server Infrastructure - doesn't affect functionality, just a missed GUI/UX thing.

keaton
Contributor
Contributor

Refreshing the page in your browser or clearing cache should resolve this.

ryan_yohnk
New Contributor II

@jwojda Just to cover our bases, does that stick around after you clear your browser cache? There have been some changes to how those sidebar labels are drawn over the last few versions and it's possible your browsers holding onto the old localization information.

iMatthewCM
Contributor II
Contributor II

For whatever it's worth, I had the same problem, and going Incognito solved it. Clearing my cache in standard mode afterwards solved it :)

retroroscoe
Contributor

interestingly enough, when I enabled SSL users could not enroll their devices any longer.

al_platt
Contributor II

Same here for SSL verification, existing Macs are working fine though.

When i build with Imaging the policies don't push afterwards. If i run a jamf policy or recon then...

JAMF binary could not connect to the JSS because the web certificate is not trusted

I have the dropdown set to Always Except during enrollment.

I can use a quickadd.pkg sucessfully though

al_platt
Contributor II

I just updated our Netboot image to 9.98 and this seems to fix the enrollment issue.

rcorbin
Contributor II

Anyone else gone to 9.98 yet ? Any issues ? I'm also interested to hear if anyone goes to MySQL 5.7 that it now supports that. 5.7 is supposed to be 3 times faster than 5.6.

GSSRyan
New Contributor III

Haven't installed 5.7 yet, but did install Percona Server (an open-source MySQL drop-in replacement) last week and can't even describe how much it has improved performance. We're talking night and day. Might bump MySQL up to 5.7 over the weekend and see how that goes as well.

rcorbin
Contributor II

Are you running 9.98 in production @GSSRyan ? The Persona Server thing looks pretty interesting, but I'm not sure I would want to run something that isn't Jamf supported. https://www.percona.com/software/mysql-database/percona-server

GSSRyan
New Contributor III

I am. I actually stumbled upon it looking for a good query monitoring tool to figure out why JSS was gobbling up resources and crashing on the reg. Figured it was worth a shot, as they boast 100% compatibility with MySQL (it's actually forked from the official MySQL source). Simple homebrew install. I did run into some Failure to Connect errors upon initial install, but after re-granting privileges to the JSS user, I was in business. Anyway, your mileage may vary, and I'd definitely advise trying it out on a non-production server first, but I'm super pleased with it thus far!

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Upgrading MySQL is a great idea. We're running 5.6 and have problems with it constantly. I might give that a shot. (although we haven't updated to 9.98 yet)

rcorbin
Contributor II

Formal support for 5.7 only comes as of 9.98.

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Good to know, thanks.

brushj
New Contributor III

@GSSRyan Were you able to upgrade to 5.7 over the weekend? We have been have a ton of performance and crashing issues as well. I am curious to see if it has helped your situation at all.

GSSRyan
New Contributor III

@brushj No, we have some standardized testing this week and decided it probably wasn't wise to do so immediately. After the tests, I'll make the jump and report back.

brushj
New Contributor III

@GSSRyan Same here. Thanks for the update!

mpebley
New Contributor III

@GSSRyan I just wanted to post here that I have successfully updated to 9.98 and using Percona Server 5.7 on CentOS6 now. (glutton for punishment)

Using these as upgrade/install guides

Percona Server Install Guide
Another Upgrade Guide

Don't know if performance is that much better or not (seems to be), time will tell for me. I always had major issues if enabling Patch Reporting Titles, so that is what I am keeping an eye on.
Things to keep in mind are the following:

• Before removing mySQL (or replacing) make sure you backup you my.cnf file(s) - they will be removed when removing your installed mySQL before Percona Install. The Percona Server install on CentOS will backup the file for you (.rpmsave)
• Backup your jamfsoftware DB of course!
• Follow the install guide
After performing the Percona Server install and starting it up - run the following to fix system tables otherwise you will receive this error. "Table 'performance_schema.session_variables' doesn't exist"

mysql_upgrade --upgrade-system-tables

• Restart mySQL after performing above command !IMPORTANT!
• Re-Grant your jamfsoftware DB account privs (and also your cluster account if using)
• I restarted mySQL service one more time after this for GP

Run your JSS upgrade - after the JSS updates all it's database tables, you should be back up and running.

rcorbin
Contributor II

We have moved to 9.98 and MySQL 5.7.x in production. Seems to be ok thus far.

johnklimeck
Contributor II

On RHEL 6.8

Tried all of this, and I get....

Establishing Secure Connection, just times out.

I have Percona installed, mysql says:

Server version: 5.7.17-12 Percona Server (GPL), Release 12, Revision 1e87281

mysql is up

I reinstalled JSS 9.98, all went fine, Tomcat is up.

mysql service will only successfully start if I use my original my.cnf file. Will not work with the Percona 5.7 my.cnf file.

No idea at this point... thx in advance, john

jtaveras
New Contributor III

one more thing..e70b272185934a03aba434d3c2f7663c
See middle letters

Is anyone able to get rid of these 3 2 errors so far?
I was able to fix the certificate one

rcorbin
Contributor II

I've seen that over lapping of text as well in 9.98. I think it's just some type of HTML formatting error that has been introduced in 9.98. It hasn't really caused any big issues for us that I know of. My guess is that it will be fixed in 9.99 or what ever the next release is.

charles_hitch
Contributor II

We have been having issues with VPP since upgrading to 9.98. Our JSS sits behind a proxy to connect to VPP. Appears I can connect to http based resources (look up an app in Refresh Purchased Content), but it never connects to VPP over https. I am using the configuration defined in the JAMF KB Article, specifically the method of using the proxy defined by the JVM. Running on RHEL 6.9.

isaacnelson
Contributor

@jtaveras and @rcorbin - I was seeing the same overlapping formatting issue as well as the "SERVER_INFRASTRUCTURE" sidebar issue after upgrading to 9.98, and clearing the cache fixed both for me.