Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Have your Apps and eat it too

Many of us in education have a requirement to distribute iPads to students with the App Store turned off. Historically this has presented a huge challenge. Do we send kids home to install all the apps and then have someone at school verify what they ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

User and Location updated

How can I get the macs that are in the JSS to update the user field in users and locations with username when they log into the laptops? Thanks  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scholastic Reading Counts App

I pushed out the Reading Counts app through Self Service last spring to iPads in each of our elementary classrooms. After the app was installed I had to manually add our school site ID under the settings for that app. Now this fall many if not all of...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service on iOS

When adding apps to Self Service from Apple's App store it asks for a link. Does this mean that when users self apps from Self Service they are actually downloading then from Apple still and it won't matter if they are on out network or not? We have ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for Folder Size /private/var/folders

Hello All, Long time lurker...first time poster. Does anyone have a good EA script for finding/reporting a folder size? I'm dealing with a similar issues found here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=10555 On our lab machines, th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configration Profile to turn off Office setup

Any idea if there is a configuration profile I can use to turn off the Office 2011 asking for startup information? I would like to be able to this in a profile if possible. I know there is managed setting for it but I am trying to stay away from thos...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Previous versions of JDS

I am still on 9.32 of all the things, I need to reinstall the JDS somewhere but now have no download link for it in my assets, only previous versions of the CasperSuite and JSS. Am I missing something or are previous versions of the JDS not available...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application List

JAMF People!, Is there a way to make a report to list all Applications installed and how many of them. I don't care about version number just need to know what Applications are installed and how many. Something like this: Microsoft Office 2011 777Mic...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yes, it will be opensourced!

I've just gotten approval to announce that the Ruby Gem will be open-sourced! Details will be given during the session, as they're still being worked out. -Chris  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Update: Bash "Shellshock" Vulnerability

Last updated: October 3, 2014 As you may have heard, a significant vulnerability in Bash was announced yesterday, Wednesday, September 24, 2014, commonly referred to as “Shellshock” that affects all versions of Bash through version 4.3: http://web.nv...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bash Vulnerability - How to patch and test.

Here is a detailed work through on how to test and patch your systems with the issues. http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/146849/how-do-i-recompile-bash-to-avoid-the-remote-exploit-cve-2014-6271-and-cve-2014-7 This works for both 10.8.5 and 10....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBook deployment not working

I wonder if there is any more detailed log e.g. I can check in relation to In-House eBooks?Since upgrading to JSS 9.4 we thought about this as an option for us.They are stored on a accessible server where I can access the link directly.I can see the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restricting VPN on iPad's

First time poster. Recent lurker since we bought Casper. I'm trying to restrict creating VPN's on my iPad's I have enrolled in DEP and can't seem to find the best way to do this. Can anyone help me out?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Bug 9.4 - script parameters slot 10 & 11

There seems to a problem with Casper 9.4 (haven't checked 9.5) ... Script parameter slots 10 & 11 are passed junk when populated or not Test script as so: #!/bin/bash echo "$1" echo "$2" echo "$3" echo "$4" echo "$5" echo "$6" echo "$7" echo "$8" ech...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snagit & Jamf

Hello, Has anyone successfully deployed Snagit with Jamf using the license? The install works and Jamf realizes the software but it will not enter the license key. Has anyone ran into this before?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS URL Changing

Little bit of backstory... We setup an external JSS for our laptop users only. I have a policy called "External JSS" to change the JSS URL scoped to my "Laptops" smart group. Here is the command that is being executed in the policy. jamf createconf -...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Performance decrease with Safari 7.1?

Has anyone else notices a severe performance decrease with the JSS web interface after upgrading to Safari 7.1? I'm getting a lot more beach balls, rendering delay, and general lag from Safari. FireFox and Chrome seem fine.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ideas on iBeacon use within corporate environments?

Morning everyone! While I know that 9.5 has only been out for a week, I wanted to see if anyone within JAMF Nation has thought of any unique or creative ideas to utilize iBeacons and the Casper Suite with a corporate environment? I found some lists o...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent a user for enrolling a device in JSS

Is there a way for me to prevent a user from enrolling a device into JSS? I have a particularly wily student who wants his techno-fingers into everything and he keeps enrolling his personal mac into the system. I keep kicking him out, but the next da...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors