Installing ActiDriver and ActivInspire

lee_smith
Contributor

Has anyone successfully deployed through policy or self-service the following:

• ActivDriver - ActivDriver_v5.17.13.09-01-54-790.dmg
  • ActivInspire - ActivInspire_en_US_mac.dmg

The ActivDriver requires a reboot after install. Then we proceed with the ActivInspire software. Once launched, the software requires registration with an activation key.

af7f9652f5d74487a4be429c16d7bd1d

Once we input the key and click "ok" the following appears:

f5071a84565d41d58d5c494e914528e4

We accept "Promethean ActivStudio".

And that is it.

I have attempted to use Composer, taking a snapshot before and after with no success.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

jbisgett
Contributor II

The way I handle it is to open the .dmg file for both ActivInspire and ActivDriver, copy the .mpkg and .pkg files (respectively) to my desktop and upload them to Jamf Admin. Create a policy with those two packages assigned, flag for Self Service and they will install just fine. You can also flag the policy to reboot the computer when installation complete.

For the serial: Install ActivInspire on a test computer (or in a virtual), but don’t open it. Launch composer on the computer and set it to capture changes. Open ActivInspire, enter serial number and application type, then close ActivInspire. Tell Composer to capture and it should capture the license file that is created when entering the serial number on the form (it is a hidden file in the user directory). Create a .dmg of the package, upload to Admin, and flag the package to fill existing user directories.

Add the .dmg file to your install policy with ActivInspire and ActivDriver and when they install from Self Service, it will install ActivInspire, ActivDriver, and your serial number (with your desire application version), then reboot the computer. When they open ActivInspire, they shouldn’t be prompted for anything.

lee_smith
Contributor

@jbisgett

Thank you! I will give this a try.