iOS 9.2 Unable to install managed app from MDM

Oops_wasn_t_me
New Contributor III

Good Morning,

Yesterday, we were advised of a possibility of iOS9.2 breaking VPP distribution. Please refer here:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/27960

Can anyone using JSS confirm this ?

Thank you.

51 REPLIES 51

anitasmith
New Contributor

Woo Hoo!

cpdecker
Contributor III

Thanks for the heads up! Now let's see what 9.2.1 breaks :)

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

While 9.2.1 does seem to fix this MDM bug, is anyone seeing storage issues on iPads which appear to have been caused by the 9.2 MDM craziness? We ran into a large number of iPads inexplicably running out of storage while on 9.2. iTunes shows the missing storage listed as "other". So far the only way to reclaim the missing storage is by resetting the device.

lehmanp00
Contributor III

Updated a few iPads that were having all sorts of issues with MDM functions and the 9.2.1 update fixed them all. So far so good!

bcampbell
Contributor

FYI Look here for thread started by @jake of JAMF announcing iOS 9.2.1 release and suggest​ion for pushing mass update of 9.2.1.

mtiffany
New Contributor III

Is anyone else still having problems getting managed apps installed via JAMF in 9.2.1?

I'm still seeing issues where it is randomly installing 3-4 apps and not installing the others. All apps are free and one is an in house app. Sometimes I get two apps, sometimes all of them. The error I see is "the app "whatever" is already scheduled for management" but it never installs.

I've tried restoring back to factory and then running my 3 blueprints in C2 (restore backup, apply wifi and CA, enroll jamf). Everything worked perfectly for about 2 weeks, but now as iPads come back and I have to run my C2 process and re-enroll they won't pick up all the apps??

RLR
Valued Contributor
Is anyone else still having problems getting managed apps installed via JAMF in 9.2.1? I'm still seeing issues where it is randomly installing 3-4 apps and not installing the others. All apps are free and one is an in house app. Sometimes I get two apps, sometimes all of them. The error I see is "the app "whatever" is already scheduled for management" but it never installs. I've tried restoring back to factory and then running my 3 blueprints in C2 (restore backup, apply wifi and CA, enroll jamf). Everything worked perfectly for about 2 weeks, but now as iPads come back and I have to run my C2 process and re-enroll they won't pick up all the apps??

@mtiffany I'm not 100% on this but I believe if the app is a free app you need the free option ticked in the app catalogue. If it is a paid app, you leave the Free option unticked.

Found this from the comments on: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=4434

If app was free in App Store/VPP - checkbox needs to be checked If app was paid in App Store/VPP - checkbox should not be checked The JSS is essentially asking you whether the type of license that this app requires is a free license or a paid license. If this checkbox is improperly checked/unchecked for an app, and a user goes to download the app, the error "the app 'com.whatever.whatever' is already scheduled for management" is returned in the device record. This error, as far as I understand from support calls, means that the JSS thinks that the app is already on the device, and it's trying to manage the app.

mtiffany
New Contributor III

Is this something that is fixed between jss versions 9.81 and 9.82? I'm still at 9.81 so I'm wondering if that is the problem.

rcorbin
Contributor II

@mtiffany I think many of the fixes in 9.82 are to do with VPP and DEP. It cleared up a few things for us.

RLR
Valued Contributor

@mtiffany We're on 9.82 and I've recently setup 60 shared iPads with VPP device assignment. I still get that same error message but the app seems to install still.

mtiffany
New Contributor III

@rcorbin @RLR Thanks for your help! I just updated our jss to 9.82 this morning. None of the iPads that were not getting the apps previously started installing them. So I'm wiping one of them with C2 and will take it back through my normal process and see how it comes out on the other side. Fingers crossed!

mtiffany
New Contributor III

Updating JSS to 9.82 seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks to everyone for their help and input!