Self-Service (v.10.2.0) and Yosemite

vespar
New Contributor

We just updated to Version 10.2.0 and noticed something odd with a few of our users still rocking Yosemite.

When they open up Self-Service, everything looks normal and they can run policies without an issue. When you close out though and attempt to reopen the application, you get a distorted display before Self-Service crashes and reports an error.

We played around and it seems tied to ~/Library/Application Support/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.mac/CocoaAppCD.storedata. If you delete that file, the user can reopen Self-Service again but only for that one time before the issue happens again. We plan to reach out to our Account Manager but just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this. Attached below is a screenshot of the distorted display I was talking about.

b99b89b3f62c4000be56256a76d9cfeb

9 REPLIES 9

ttyler1999
Contributor

We are 100% on Yosemite and this is happening to us also. All of our clients are experiencing this issue. A restart or logout does NOT fix the issue.

As mentioned, deleting the Store file fixes the problem once, but then it is back again.

Please help!

jamesandre
Contributor

Yeah, I've go this too. Submitted a support request this morning. The old v9 Self Service App works on Yosemite if you have to take it back in the mean time.

jamesandre
Contributor

whoops

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

posting so I can be notified of updates.

mike_paul
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for you posts on this, we're sorry to hear that you are running into this problem. I am working on recreating this problem in house to help find a solution but if anybody is running into this we would greatly appreciate a case created for it with any logs you can provide. Crash Report logs located in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ and if possible put Self Service in debug mode with the following command and then collect the two self service logs created in ~/Library/Logs/JAMF/ and attach those to the case.

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice debug_mode -boolean YES

Thank you very much.
Sincerely, Mike

ttyler1999
Contributor

FYI I have already created a case and submitted logs. My case worker is Amanda Rupnick.

kevindigg
New Contributor

We've got a set of steps that seems to get it working again. I haven't tried messing with the steps yet, so the first two may or may not be necessary, but we've done them every time.

1. sudo jamf removeFramework
  2. Run quickadd. In our experience, the installer will fail but it will put the jamf binary back on the computer
  3. sudo jamf enroll -prompt
  4. Download and install Self Service from the JSS.
  5. Reboot
  6. Try Self Service

In most cases it will connect on the first or second launch.

djdavetrouble
Contributor III

That doesn't seem like an optimum solution, given the "in most cases" clause.

rcorbin
Contributor II

Are you sure this just affects Yosemite ? I read on anther thread about this also affecting 10.11 and 10.12 clients.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/27188/jamf-pro-10-2-1-maintenance-release