Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Users prompted to install apps repeatedly

I have a customer who has a couple dozen BYOD iPhones that were user enrolled into Jamf as personally-owned devices. We set the iOS Self Service app to automatically install, as well as a few other applications such as OneDrive, Outlook, etc. Users a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable AirDrop & Handoff in general settings

Hello everybody !I'm encountering a rather blocking problem in JAMF Pro.I need to enable the AirDrop & Handoff option in the General tab of System Settings to allow users to configure AirDrop.I have excluded my MAC from all the configuration profiles...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect Standard User

Hey Everyone,I have a question, We notice in our Jamf Connect test that when we push Jamf Connect out to existing users computers they are coming up as standard users for some reason and I am unsure why. How can we have it where all users can be admi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Secure Client 5.1.2.42 Installation Failed

Details Executing Policy Install Cisco Secure Client 5Downloading Cisco Secure Client 5.1.pkg...Downloading https.jamfcloud.com/jcds/downloads/Cisco%20Secure%20Client%205.1.pkg...Verifying package integrity...Installing Cisco Secure Client 5.1.pkg......  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Okta SSO Login failure

Greetings all,We are in the very earliest stages of setting up Okta. I'm currently working on configuring our JSS Dev environment to use Okta for SSO.I'm working directly with our internal Identity Management team who manages our Okta instance. They ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto-accept Jamf wants to control System Events?

I've got users seeing a "Jamf wants to control system events" popup. I think this is from deploying my new Jamf Connect config profiles, but not entirely certain. Is there a way I can have the devices auto-accept this message? Users are confused abou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Laps from Josh Miller to Jamf Laps

As anyone moved between Josh's LAPS project. And the Jamf implementation of LAPS?I've found myself in a situation where the former was implemented, and we need to move to a system with vendor support.I'm trying to find out if it'll continue to work o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Lost mode without wiping

Hello! We had an iPad stolen by a staff member. I disabled the iPad and was able to get the location. This helped HR retrieve the iPad and I now have it back. HR wants to know what is on the iPad. Unfortunatly the iPad went dead while it was missing ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Provisioning error "This Mac is owned by unknown"

Hi all,We have a Mac that shows "This Mac is owned by unknown" in the Remote Management window when provisioning. It is in ABM, assigned to one of our two MDMs.I tried switching it between MDMs in ABM, no luck. Also tried changing the PreStage Enroll...  View more

20240326-ABM-unknown-server.jpg
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intune Vs. Jamf Pro for iOS

Can someone tell me what Jamf Pro can do that Intune cannot for iOS devices?I am struggling to fin and documentation to support this online. thanks in advance for the support!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Roster Tab

Hi,We've recently noticed that many of our users are missing the roster tab in jamf pro. We suspect there was some an issue when they were originally imported from ASM. This has since caused problems with the EDU profile installing which affects Clas...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Third-party preference pane in macOS Sonoma

Howdy!I am trying to install an app called SwitchResX on some Macs to allow more control over resolutions for the end users. All my other apps have been installing fine within Self Service, but I can not get this one to install at all after setting i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't login with 'Directory Service User' accounts

I recently had our Dev instance of Jamf Pro reset and I'm the process of rebuilding it. I added Entra as our Cloud IDP. Running 'test' with a few usernames, I was able to look users up and I have been successfully able to add 'Directory Service Users...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

restart machine via policy

create a policy, on the left pane enable the Restart Options. From there set if you want set it to restart immediately with or without a user logged in. i understand the above can be used to configure the policy but how to call that policy ? sudo jam...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package install failing

I created a package using jamf composer, These are the error messages I get when trying to install. For some reasons the package install works on newer devices (2020 MBAs) and failing on older devices (2017 MBAs)After searching for some suggestions I...  View more

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 2.21.10 PM.png Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 2.30.09 PM.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Secure Client 5.1.2.42 anyconnect_choices.xml

Just had to rebuild the installer package for the Cisco Secure Client. Dumped the choices and attempted to deploy. The deployment would not install. Turns out the dump from installer of the choices xml file is malformed. I was able to put together a ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Search xml vs json

Has anyone tried getting their advance search from the API in json rather than xml? When I do this, the computer groups will only return 1 group in JSON but when I get XML, all groups are listed. Anyone know how to get all groups as well?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

The Wi-Fi network XXXXX could not be set up for EAP.

Hello everyone,We're trying to set up so we can auto join devices to our Wi-Fi. We've deployed the certificate and configured the payload for the Wi-Fi but we keep getting an error when trying to install the profile, saying - The Wi-Fi network "Wi-Fi...  View more

Wi-Fi_1.png Wi-Fi_2.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors