Dashboard Loading Issue

JminD
New Contributor II

Lately I've noticed (this also happened to my coworkers) that when I log into JamfPro I find my dashboard loads for about a split second then disappears. I've tried the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Clear my cache, restart browser.
  2. Try a different browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
  3. Removed each item on the dashboard hoping that one item was causing the isssue.
  4. Tried added an item that wasn't there before.
  5. Had my coworker do the same steps with their account.

Has anyone else run into this issue?
Anyone have a fix I haven't thought of?

Honestly it's not a big deal, but I'm of the mindset...if it's there...it should work.

17 REPLIES 17

djrory
Contributor

+1 Same issue, all other JAMF functions seem to work fine, however the dashboard never loads. Constant spinning wheel.

mascoff
New Contributor

+1 - happens to me a lot, I do exactly the same. The only thing that sometimes resolves the issue for me is to remove everything from appearing on the dashboard.

rnoureddine
New Contributor III

+1 This just started happening to me too, everything else seems to work fine.

jrb
New Contributor III

We noticed our Dashboards taking progressivly longer to load until this morning when they completely fail. Nothing but the spinning loading indicator forever.

morti
New Contributor III

Same here, as soon as i choose any Policy to add to my Dashboard, it will spinn forever.

ewilliams82
New Contributor

Same here, is there no fix for this?

morti
New Contributor III

We managed to fix it by deleting a computerobject we added just before the dashboard problem occured. Dont know what exactly caused it, but as soon as we removed it from our jss everything went back to normal

thundercr250
New Contributor II

So disappointing how I see many many issues never resolved in theses forums.
I have the same problem. Not all that thrilled with how long it takes to actually get help from someone at Jamf support that knows how to fix the issue. Sometimes it feels like it's just not worth it.....

morti
New Contributor III

I cannot relate to your support case but in mine the support was really fast and reliable, in the end they helped deleting the problematic object out of our cloud as we could not even delete it anymore.

eaititig
New Contributor III

Yeah this is happening to me every day at the moment. One day Safari worked ... the next day it doesn't. So, I use Google Chrome and then it works for a day or so and then when you log in, it just flashes, feel like I'm going to get seizures watching it.

Today, I tried both Safari and Chrome and can't get to the Polices or Prestage enrollment, just spinning circles.

Support ended up telling me that it is a known SSO bug. I fight with it all the time. Sometimes clearing cache, cookies and temp files fixes the issue. Sometimes opening a new tab and trying to load the page again will fix it.
I submitted fiddler trace captures to Jamf showing that there is a hang-up with the SSO process when it authenticates with Azure and it sits in a repetitive loop but Jamf support did not seem interested in finding the solution. I know that sounds a bit negative towards the support team and I'm sorry for that but it is frustrating when you have the error documented and there is still no solution offered.

ekramer
New Contributor

I have been suffering this issue for quite some time and finally opened a ticket with JAMF Support.... and then figured out that it was a poorly written Chrome Extension: turned off the extension and all of a sudden my dashboard stayed visible.

Yup. Same problem here. So frustrating.

eaititig
New Contributor III

Use Firefox. Firefox seems to work really well with JAMF -- it's my dedicated JAMF browser now.

thundercr250
New Contributor II

I had the issue with FF, Chrome, and Edge Chromium.
I'm at a new organization now. Old org was an on-prem install this new org is cloud hosted.
The cloud hosted seems to be more stable with less loading issues. I'm using Edge Chromium. I still have the spinning wheel now and then but if I refresh the page the issue seems to correct itself.

HCL_JAMF_TEAM
New Contributor

+1, I too have the same issue. Tried different browser & checked with colleagues also same issue. 

greg_farmer
New Contributor

I know this thread has been around for a while, but I've been getting coworker complaints that they would have the spinning circle and have to wait 10-15 seconds for pages to load at times. We are also using SSO, but what was confusing was I never had this issue.

Finally, I sat down, created another account to test with gave it the same permission my account has (Admin). Then I switched to my coworkers permissions (which are custom) and it immediately started giving the spinning circle and acting slow. I switched back to admin and it was fine, so I started customizing and slowly taking away permissions.

When I removed access to Remote Administration the spinning circle returned and certain pages took a long time to load. I added Read access to Remote Administration permissions and it started working well again. I added read access to Remote Administration to my coworkers group permissions and had them sign out and sign in again and they've had no issues so far. I did the same test with a different group and got the same results.

If anyone is still seeing this issue, can you check and see if the users having issues have any access to Remote Administration? If not, just give read access and see if it makes a difference.