Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Inventory Item/EA same name

As an FYI on a head-scratcher for my fellow JAMF'ers. I created an extension attribute based on local users. JAMF already inventoried the data, but not in a usable format for my needs. My EA was called "Local Users" using a script found on JAMF Natio...  View more

9197226d089c42bfb121269dcbd9fb6b
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boston & Friends JUG meeting next week

Hi guys - just to make sure everyone heard who wants to, we are having our Northeast JAMF User Group meeting next week. Anyone willing to travel to Cambridge is welcome to attend. Topics include --CocoaDialog--Applescript to define locally saved EAs-...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Filtering Plugins in iOS 8

I have noticed a new filtering option when setting up a continent filtering profile in JSS called "Web Filter Plugin". Anyone have any ideas on how this works with iOS 8.2. Looking for a better offsite web filing solution for a 1:1 iPad program. We h...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't add printers to a new policy

I have added some printers using Casper Admin. They seem to show up fine. I can deploy them using the remote application just fine but when I create a new policy, select the printer to add, I just get a spinning icon and nothing ever happens. Does th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.7 and imaging

Anyone else notice if 9.7 broke their imaging process, machine logged in under temp adobe account but nothing going on.  View more

• 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beacons...

I tried beacons with the example of JAMF's video (deploy Web Clip).I tried limitation/exclusion option, nothing works :- limitation : no Web Clip appears- exclusion : no Web Clip disappear Other question : why is it not possible to use Beacons to sco...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

The new Casper Focus app have a problem ?

The new Capser Focus app is out since yesterday : that's great.Impossible to log in on my Casper platform : that's not great :) It tries a long time but the message (translated from french) is : "Network Connection lost" Of course, credentials are ok...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2015 Dates

We have a long lead time here for conferences. Is there a set dat for JUNC 2015 as I am trying to get agreement on attending this. Unfortunately we seem to be at the other end of the world so getting anywhere needs a lot of time for management to app...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCA course book wanted

Does anyone have the most recent JAMF CCA course book or know how I can obtain a copy prior to attending the course?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New MBA & MBPs not imaging properly

So the new MBAs and MBPs have forked versions of 10.10.2, so our boot keys don't work. The solution is then to do target mode imaging until 10.10.3 is available (I don't want to have to make a separate boot image for these devices). Everything goes f...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps imaged to Root Drive

I updated my apps in Casper admin and now after imaging the system, Firefox; chrome, and casper suite shows up in the Root drive rather than in the applications folder. Is there any clue as to why it's doing that now? How can I set it to go back to t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups with Wildcards and 9.7

We have a number of smart groups with wildcards (%) in the criteria. I upgraded to 9.7 from 9.67 yesterday and the number of machines included in all of our smart groups using wildcards changed. In working with Juston from JAMF tech support, we disco...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Directory Binding - Computer Name

I have a policy that runs at Enrollment Complete for DEP enrolled machines. The policy contains a .pkg with a postinstall script that prompts the tech for a computer name and then names the machine using scutil --set ComputerName, HostName and LocalH...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

GoToMeeting

This post is 9/10 gripe, and 1/4 how to I prevent this. No doubt everyone's seen this. ;-) What are these developers thinking?  View more

4266795a995c426e94d6767fb70cd128
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Sketchup Licensing

Has anyone been able to create a .PKG file for sketchup, that passes a correct .lic file to install from the JSS. Right now it seems to me that I will have to install it on every computer, one at a time. Thanks for the help.  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer name updates in inventory

Hi all, it's brainfart Thursday here and I'm having trouble figuring out if the computer name should be updated in the JSS, if it's been changed at the computer, during an inventory scan. Thanks.  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workstation Certificate could not be verified.

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot a certificate verification issue. We are using Casper to request a workstation certificate from our internal Windows CA. The cert gets installed with the proper machine name, the Root and SubCA certs...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database unresponsive due to JDS replication

As I wait for a response for JAMF support - I'm in need of help and a sanity check surrounding the Database and JDS Ultimately, yesterday I uploaded a 7.14GB dmg... twice.. First time using Casper Admin - it took a while but when it was done, all was...  View more

cfc0effcfdcc494f887b235deac47073
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't delete a computer from the JSS.

So I tried manually deleting a computer which was no longer in use directly from the JSS but it somehow got "stuck" and now still appears in my computer list, though when I click on the entry I get the error message: "The page you requested could not...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email Profile

Forgive me now, as I am brand new to working with JAMF and a total noob! We have about 250 iPads in our elem building and I wanted to set up a basic email account for all students to use when emailing info/projects to their teachers. It's just studen...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Air Early 2015 - Won't Netboot

Hello fine people. I just got a shipment of MacBook Air 13" Early 2015 Models and not one of them will netboot. My Late 2014 models all netboot just fine. I've created new netinstallers but no matter what I try. Nada. I'm using 9.65 Anyone else had t...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabled Root now devs having problems

So I disabled root by changing the shell they log into. Works well, they can enable it all they want, but they can't login. The downside is that some of their developer apps that they use install and update via script that calls root. This is as desi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

need adress information

i buy one iphone 5s new to apple store . this phone 2 years old . me buy this iphone from usa . but my home country banglades. me stay now permantly banglades. bangladesh not have any apple store .this iphone me restore lettest version 8.1.3 . but pr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors