Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS API with 9.96 version

Hi guys, I am playing a little bit with JSS API. I have some trouble with Policies property. When i get values of a policy with a printer action. My result is strange: "printers": [ "", { "id": 30, "name": "Printer", "action": "install", "make_defaul...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Triggering a Jamf Check-in without Sudo

Hi folks, I am doing a task of making an app to resolve an issue. This app will exist as a standalone on our Macs, for users who are not admins. As part of one of the scripts I am using within the app, I will need to force/trigger the Mac to perform ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Desktop shortcut not appearing

Hi all, I have created a .dmg in the usual way (composer snapshot, install, snapshot again etc.) The dmg is a simple desktop shortcut to our web hosted ICT Acceptable Use Policy. Even though the logs state that the policy has installed successfully, ...  View more

4dd14789a6074a0ea1f79cb6ef409083
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing MDM Profiles

Hi everybody, thanks for this forum. I'm hoping you can assist me with the following issue. A community college sold some old Macs to a used Mac vendor, who sold one of them to me. The community college didn't remove their MDM profiles before they so...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Last logged in user details

I'm looking for an Extension attribute which can collect ComputerName and respective last logged in user name.The answer might already be available around the list somewhere, but I haven't had any luck finding it... tried to find out in Jamfnation EA...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add JSS read user

I am trying to add a restricted user account that has read only privileges. I would like this person to be able to search for computers in the JSS only, so they can see when a computer was logged into, where it was logged into, and by whom. I created...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac

We're looking at McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.2.1 and it comes with four components that have to be installed in order: McAfee Agent (MA). The 1990's style install.sh script that you have to wrap and trigger via postinstall script in PKG. McAf...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 1 kudos

Edit MDM Profile W/ Apple Configurator

Does anybody know how I can edit our MDM profile with Apple Configurator? It states "Mobile Device Management Profiles cannot be edited". I would like to make changed to the name and organization without changing my whole MDM. Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to package GNU Tar-1.29 for macOS?

Has anyone attempted to create a .dmg or .pkg for GNU Tar-1.29? /Know the best way to go about it? I'm installing from terminal but running into a /usr/share/man/man1/tar.1 permission denied error during './configure && make && make install' before I...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parameter Issue in Script When Used in Policy

Greetings, all! I have a pretty (what I believe to be) nifty script which checks to see if specified processes or applications are running before executing a policy. My first really application for this is to be used for Office 2016 updates. I would ...  View more

ab1d5fc74c5a4f7089931eb07419ae6f
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer created .pkg's removing applications

Has anyone else experienced the following issue? When using Composer to create .pkg files for apps that are a single .app, I have been reusing a previously created .pkg's source (like a template) and simply replacing the .app with new the one I want ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging AD Binding

So I have set up an AD bind in Casper Imaging, but binding never seems to work automatically. We can, however, do this manually through Directory Utility. Also, I cannot create a policy and use that to bind to the domain through push or Self-Service....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Agent install and App Deployment

Hi All, I m working on a trial subscription for JAMF-Casper Suite product. for test purpose I have 2 MAC machines. Initially I was able to enrol both the devices in JAMF without any issue, however unintientially I deleted Update Inventory policy (Def...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Curtain Mode in Screen Sharing application El Capitan

I know this is a long shot but am trying to resolve the problem of users remoting in from their own machines at home to their work machines in a shared office. With the Screen Sharing application being useful and working fully the only major downside...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Visual Studio for Mac deployment

I already have users banging down my door to get Visual Studio installed on their Macs. I let 1 user download it to be a guinea pig. The installation prompted 3 or 4 times for admin credentials for several different components. It's kinda similar to ...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 1 kudos

Connect to new Wifi on ipad set up as shared device

Hi, anyone having experience with the following situation and might have a good solution for this: I have iPads set up as a shared device, and also a bunch of managed Apple IDs. All the devices uses our Wifi at work. Recently I had a teacher bringing...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Searching for Silverlight

I was searching for the Silverlight on the Third-Party Products page and even though I put in the search field both "Silverl" and Silverligh", no results were returned. Are partial search strings not allowed?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote doesn't always work

Wanting to use Casper Remote to login to teachers Macbook for troubleshooting, etc. I'm testing at the moment and I got a Macbook right next to me where sometimes I can connect, sometimes I can't. In Sharing, both remote login and management are enab...  View more

d09ead8d112b4f9a80f22a5af1eb859d
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy/Use Avid Pro Tools First in Lab?

We've received a faculty requests twice now to install the new "free" version of Pro Tools, Pro Tools First, in one of our labs. Has anyone tried or had success with this? I did download and install the .pkg from Avid, but the installer wants to do a...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Server. Can I just...

SCP Packages? Moving from RHEL 5 to RHEL 7 for our JSS. After a few discussions with the powers that be, we're going to start from scratch on our JSS and leave old garbage behind. I'm ok rebuilding key policies as needed. I've been meaning to work on...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook Pro with Touchbar questions

So I'm still waiting for my test Macbook Pro with the Touchbar, but been trying to look into what we'll be able to allow and what we wouldn't. We already disable Siri and the the unlocking with Apple Watch, but were going to test the touch id for use...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configuration Profile to disable Allow MailDrop

Anyone discovered a way to disable "Allow MailDrop"? MailDrop allows users to send large attachments in up to 5GB in size via iCloud. We can't store data with a unapproved cloud provider. One thought I had was to set the minimum size equal to the max...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors