Jamf Reset & Setup question

a_holley
Contributor

Hi guys,

As I am sure a lot of you guys are, we are scrambling to get people working remotely as much as possible during this crazy time.

One of the things we are trying to do is reallocate iPads to staff that don't have laptops etc. We have a mix of shared and 1:1 assigned iPads, all enrolled through DEP. Currently, we assign the device to a person manually in the JSS once it has been setup for them to get their email settings.

What I am hoping to do is utilise Jamf Setup & Reset to make it easier for devices to be passed between people. Sometimes the devices will be 1:1, and sometimes they will be shared. What I'm wondering is if it's possible to assign the user through Jamf Setup?

Has anyone successfully done this?

2 REPLIES 2

aaron_piecz
New Contributor

I found your post and was wondering if you have successfully implemented Jamf Setup and Rest in your organization. I am in the process of setting up shared iPads for a large team of employees. I am having a hard time with them to logging into Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, etc.). We have integrated single login with Azure AD.

I also noticed when the user Resets the device (we have configured a soft reset in Jamf Reset), the next employee logging into the device with Jamf Setup can see some of the previous employees login usernames and email address. I can not figure out why Jamf Reset is not clearing out the login information from the managed apps on the device.

akw0045
New Contributor III

I am having a similar issue as @aaron_piecz I'd like the soft reset to log them out of all apps and iCloud without resetting the device. All of our devices aren't in ASM so the hard reset presents an issue there. Have you had any luck with this yet?