Remove Framework Script and Kill Self Service

TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We are now allowing our students to take their laptops with them after they graduate. I have a policy set up that my Team will run via Self Service to run some scripts to do things like:
Remove licensed software
Change Admin password
Convert Mobile to Local account
Unbind from Active Directory

All pieces are working so far but I want to add in a piece at the end to run a jamf removeFramework command so Jamf is removed from the device and then kill the Self Service process. Any recommendations on how to accomplish?

6 REPLIES 6

scottb
Honored Contributor

@TomDay - see this thread. I've used similar scripts/processes as those listed so this should help you out.

Unenroll Macs from Jamf

TomDay

@scottb Wow exactly what I need to get this rolling, thanks! I'll give this a go on Tuesday when I go back on site. Quick question about that script, I don't see a reference to a Jamf user account, only a password, in regards to deleting the computer?

scottb
Honored Contributor

@TomDay - not sure any of these delete the Jamf account...I've never worried about that, but I guess that could be added as well. The scripts referenced in that page are admins that I assume are used by support people - aka, normal users not hidden.
I suppose adding some lines to delete the Jamf account could be done though.

TomDay

Sorry I meant I didn't what accounts to use when using the curl and delete commands for the removing the computer from Jamf. Just looked up the documentation for curl and jamf API, I understand it now.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Great. Let me know if you have any questions. I imagine that this will be on everyone's minds sooner than later!

scottb
Honored Contributor

Sorry @TomDay - I misread your question which in looking at it today seems clear. In a Corona-haze I guess. Glad you sorted things.