Think-Cell Script help

auser
New Contributor III

Hey all, i was hoping to get some guidance on deploying Think-cell. I have the package from the vendor and i need to script a license key go along with it. The vendor has the instructions here: How to deploy think-cell in a larger company :: think-cell.

I am bit new and not sure how to best go about scripting the license key. I guess the specific software is irrelevant, and this likely can be asked for any softwared eployments that requrie a key to go with it. Anybody have some time to look at this and give some guidance or best practices? Also, if anyone has any sample scripts they could share for similair deployments, that would be really helpful for me to get started. Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Reading through that article, it sounds like the config.plist file does not exist on the system until the installer package is run. If that is the case, you probably do not need a script at all. I would try putting the PKG file into a policy and then using the "Files and Processes" tab to write the license key using the "Execute Command" function.

CleanShot 2022-11-10 at 15.06.24.png

Obviously replace "ABCDE-..." with your actual license key.

Test that before going down the road of using a script.

auser
New Contributor III

Thank a lot. Let me try that and I will report back! 

Hey Steve I've tried doing this method but i am getting the below. I can see that the plist does exists 

Result of command:
config.plist: file does not exist or is not readable or is not a regular file (Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “config.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=config.plist, NSUnderlyingError=0x600002964c90 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}})

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Try using the full path to config.plist file.