API Call - PUT for Extension Attribute

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Anyone experienced any issues issuing PUT commands via the API on 10.5? My script works on 10.6 (on our dev instance) but doesn't on 10.5, on the same mac, different macs etc. Not sure what is going on, if there is a bug or not. Alternatively if anyone has a script i can check that would be great. I want to change a extension attribute 'SWU' (id is 10) to 'On' or 'Off'.. It is a pop up type attribute. thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

engh
New Contributor III

It looks like the XML structure is the same between 10.4 and 10.6. Does the account you are trying to use have permissions to modify the computer object on your production system?

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

@engh Just double checking the perms as the 10.6 instance is a replica of the exact same database so i'll assume it does. What do you mean by the XML structure? Is it different on 10.5?

Thanks,

engh
New Contributor III

By XML structure, I'm talking about the path to the attributes:

server.jss.com:8443/JSSResource/Computers/id/<id>/computer/etc...

The API structure hasn't changed between the versions so I would double check the permissions and that the ID's/names of the computer objects you are trying to operate on have the extension attribute you are trying to affect.

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II