Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

iOS Home Screen Layout

Good afternoon, I'm doing some testing on some iPads before we go 1-1 in our school. I want to place all of the stock apps in a single folder on the first page and put Self Service in the dock. The second page will have whatever apps we push out to t...  View more

943e57220702407eb8c407e08057f6f8 55d6479ae92b4ee5b9cee990d8135f75 c47f6580024a40f98bddadc177d0bcd8
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Thank you to Support!

Hi!I just wanted to give a shout out to Joe Schieffer and Ronnie Smith in Support.I am a long time user and do not often have Urgent tickets...I did this week though when I broke my production environment during a MySQL update. Joe and Ronnie gave me...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 68 kudos

Install pkg in user context

We have an issue with Polycom RPD PKG 3.9, since it has to install in user context and not as root. User does not need admin permissions since it will install into ~/Applications. Anyone installed a package in user context already and has some idea o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault password out of Sync

Hi all, anyone seen an issue where the mobile account filevault password keeps getting out of sync. Appears to happen when the mac is shutdown. When logging into the local account with secure token and then logging into the mobile account, this logs ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Online Dock Master webpage issue

For those that use the online Dock Master webpage to make a com.apple.dock.plist template at: http://techion.com.au/blog/2015/4/28/dock-master Just observed a bug in the online Dock Master created com.apple.dock.plist. In the plist it uses the static...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Apps stuck in pending in device History

Looking for some help as completely stuck. I have a trolley full of iPads and there is 1 or 2 apps missing from each one but not all the same app. When i go to one iPad in Jamf then go to history then apps they are stuck in pending. I have cancelled ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-enrolling Devices to DEP? And so much more...

Ok, lots of stuff here... I set up DEP for our network last year and we now use that for all the iPads in our district. They weren't previously managed in JAMF, so it wasn't difficult - we just wiped them and enrolled with PreStage Enrollment. We hav...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstallationCheck strings not working

I'm getting ready to push an install of an updated version of our VPN client. Obviously I don't want to interrupt any currently connected users. So I've used Composer to add an InstallationCheck script to check for active VPN connections. if it finds...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 authrestart from NetBoot

Is it at all possible to get fdesetup authrestart to work when rebooting to a FileVault 2 encrypted device from a NetBoot volume? For instance I just reimaged a Sierra machine with a Casper Imaging NetBoot. Since it was a reimage I didn't turn off en...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting Okta as an LDAP Source?

Hi all, Just wondering if anybody has had any luck connecting to Okta as an LDAP source. It's enabled on our Okta instance and others apps can connect to it, however when I try and configure the JSS it gives me a connection error every time no matter...  View more

• 71 replies
  • 9 kudos

Anyone sending log info to syslog?

Way overdue, but working on trying to extract certain events from the unified logs and sending to our syslog server. Anyone tackle this at all? Alternate plan is to use the BSM logs, but trying to figure out what the cleanest approach is.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring Google Earth Pro

HI Folks, In our physics department of the college, they teach with Google Earth. Over the years, I have done simple snapshot packaging with Composer and things have worked, for the most part. This summer, we are packaging up Google Earth again with ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

ESR Not Current

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/third-party-products/260/firefox-esr?view=infoESR is 60.1 yet I never got a notification - I'm following the 3rd party page and I believe this is the first time I havent been notified.Also the patch management shows L...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grumpy's is closing

Hello Jamf Nation, Some sad news today. Grumpy's in downtown Minneapolis is officially closing, and being replaced by yet another high end apartment block. If you've ever had the pleasure of visiting our city for JNUC and killing time there with Jamf...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 4 kudos

Smart Group to check Firefox STIG

So I had to STIG Firefox a ways back. Whenever updates come out I have to reSTIG after the new package installs finish. My problem is, I want the STIG to run Re-occuring based on the STIG missing. That way if the STIG Policy can be changed from Once ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sharp printer driver with High Sierra

computers running 10.13.5 are now getting the following policy failure when installing Sharp printer driver. Anybody have an idea on how to use this -allowUntrusted I found this installer line for iLifesudo installer -dumplog -verbose -allowUntrusted...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to create a T&C based webhook for iOS devices

Long story short, our leadership team would like a terms and conditions "splash" screen that shows up after logging into a device on enrollment that must be agreed to before being able to use an iPad. I think I know some steps, but no clue how to mak...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolled Laptop doesnt check in

Hi, We have a laptop that has a user account with admin rights, we dont know the password of the account. We need to get in to the laptop. I have created a policy to create a new admin account but the laptop hasn't checked in for the last 30 days. Al...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replicating Casper Imaging behavior RE: AD join

Hi All, With the changes to MacOS and the Server App, I am working on replacing our old Casper Imaging behavior with a prestage enrollment and policies to do software installs, etc. One sticking point is the AD join process. With Casper Imaging, it w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolling windows machine into JSS

We have been already been pushing installer packages to enrolled mac devices, but now we are expanding to push them to windows devices.What is the prevailing procedure to enroll the windows machine, so that it can be managed from JSS, other than usin...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removal of MDM profile notification?

One of the employees at my company told me they remove the MDM profile from their IMac. This is no problem because it was easily reinstalled but, is there a way to be notified when any user removes this profile? We have agents that work from home, an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force LDAP sync for user attributes

Our LDAP attributes for “Department” show the grade number for student users. This has been working in our smart groups until about 8 days ago when AD was updated and students were “graduated” to the next grade. Jamf is showing only a small handful o...  View more

a2ceb65d1a91403cb1725f1d53f9afaa
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB Shares prompting for password

I have a simple BASH script that utilizes a little OSA Scripting too that mounts some SMB Shares. Everything has been working fine but with the release of 10.13.5 it has stopped working. It is also prompting for Network Home Folders too. Here is the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Removing Symantec Enterprise Vault

All, I'm trying to uninstall/remove Symantec Enterprise Vault from my systems. There is an uninstaller provided in /Library/Application Support/Symantec Enterprise Vault/uninstaller.app. When i call that in a script it pops a gui window up which just...  View more

86246c6f24db41cab39ab097606f8911
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors