Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Music Creation Software Deployment Challenges

In our lab environment(s) for the music department, we have a number of software packages that are installed on the lab iMac. The real challenge is that many of these software applications are not conducive with mass deployment. Licensing, dongles, s...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 MAU updating when no user is logged in

Hello; I have an Office 2016 deployment to my Mac fleet. I recently switched to a MAU caching server and an msupdate script to deploy updates on a weekly schedule with a policy. The MAU caching server is working great, but I can't get MAU to update a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mojave - AnyConnect Issues

Hello,We use Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for corporate network access. We have Macbooks that have upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave and no longer able to access corporate network (wired or wireless). Post-Mojave upgrade, systems are fai...  View more

db508969dd324be9b2a71578f1455045 42d5f11fde1a432ba3d085b7b9b0d0d4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sporadic Proxy Issues

I have begun seeing an issue with a handful of users. We are setting our Wi-Fi via Config Profile. In that profile it contains payloads for our Wi-Fi, SCEP, & PKI. We are also using a script on the wired side to set the automatic proxy (PAC File URL)...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Autoupdate Script and 10.14 Mojave

We are doing some testing with 10.14. When our policy to update Office 2016 via the msupdate script runs we receive the following prompt (see screen shot) “jamf“ wants access to control “Microsoft AutoUpdate“. Allowing control will provide access to ...  View more

07614b4a5db249aa85aa204ff9f621b4 ebff529a468a4921882a415a270bf59b
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

kext approval fail

Trying to get SEP 14.2 kexts approved.I used the utility from here and added the identifiers for team IDs and Bundle IDs.When I added the bundle IDs the SEP app would say it was offline.When I only added the team ID SEP would say "protected" (fixed),...  View more

2faa3177d0ea4542b0d9b6ebddd0bda1
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mojave and Jamf Pro 10.7

Is anyone else experiencing most of the native Mac Apps crashing on Mojave with Jamf Pro 10.7? I had a user install Mojave before I could restrict it and now a bunch of Apple Apps are crashing upon launching them. I'll update to 10.7.1 next week afte...  View more

f50c30add1614af5aeab8a4babb939ed
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile Installation Issue

I just got this error and not sure what to do as I have never seen it before - "Profile Installation Error - New profile does not meet criteria to replace existing profile".. Any thoughts?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Different URL for iOS updates?

uh oh, Apple must have changed something in the iOS update mechanism. For years, I have been blocking the mesu.apple.com URL at my firewall to prevent my kindergatners from accidentally upgrading our iPads. But now it doesn’t appear to be working. My...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD with NoMAD Login

Does anyone have experience with getting NoMAD setup with Login? I'm able to get authentication to work for the login window, but each time a new user is created, they're prompted with NoMAD asking for a domain and a realm, which they're not gonna kn...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Security Vulnerability

Seems there is an article out regarding the potential insecurity of Apple using device serial as the DEP enrollment identifier. We kind of know this already, as you can spoof a serial into a VM and have DEP pick it up. Thoughts? Duo Labs MDM report  View more

• 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Shared IPads help

I'd like to get into Shared Ipads for a couple of my classes but I'm not sure where to start. I've got a DEP device in a prestage that is supposed to set it as a shared Ipad, but after enrolling it never shows as shared. Ideas?  View more

d8f6841f3bb841fa9647bd81d900c853
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

security patching with Jamf

hey all - just wanted to see what everyone is doing in their environment for patching your machines once Apple has released their security updates. I've personally had "iffy" experience at best with trying to automate through check-in, deferral packa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enroll via BigFix / Command Line

Similar questions have been asked, but I can't seem to find an answer. We run a few different management systems, some of which can perform duplicate functions, but usually don't. In this case, we want one of those systems (BigFix) to verify a system...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database Backup with Jamf-Pro CLI issue

Hi, I recently tried to create a database backup with the newly integrated command line interface as described here:https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/546/managing-database-backups-using-the-jamf-pro-server-tools-command-line-interface After c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

script to unenroll / clean a mac

Hello Guys, i'm writing a script to allow ,our l1 support, unenroll a Mac. this script will do more than a remove framework. But I think everything go too fast. let me explain you: first thing, i grant all the local account (that are not admin) as ad...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Carbon Black Defense 3.1 & Jamf 10.7.1

It appears composer is no longer able to package the CB_install.pkg and unattended .sh file. Our previous install involved packaging the .sh file and pkg from a temp location and dumping that on to a client machine then running a script file that poi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remote Wipe and VPP Licenses

When I send out a Wipe command, do I need to uninstall the VPP apps first? My concern is that if I wipe , I'll lose the licenses to the apps I've paid for, or does the wipe automatically strip the licensing and put the licensing back into my VPP?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group of Mojave Supported Macs with Regex

Posted asking how to. Found the answer.This is what I've come up with to use Regex to sort out hardware that supports Mojave.I used the Model Identifier MacBook - ^MacBook(?![1234567],[1-9])[0-9]{1,2},[1-9]MacBookAir - ^MacBookAir(?![1234],[1-9])[0-9...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.8 Beta Now Available

The Jamf Pro 10.8 beta includes a number of new features and product enhancements. It also brings the Classroom app to macOS devices and delivers support for remote OS updates for tvOS devices. Configuration Profiles prior to Setup AssistantIT admins...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Webclips in Folders

I was browsing the discussion for info on putting webclips into folders via a Home-screen Layout Config. Is this at all possible with recent Jamf updates? We are running Jamf 10.2.2 and I read it hasn't been possible form earlier versions.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Managed Account Password could not be changed"

I've never had an issue with changing a Management Account password in JAMF Pro 9. Since we've moved to version 10, (10.4.1 to be exact) ¾ of my Macs are continually failing the policy:Policy> Management Account > Change Account Password. The only er...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 4 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors