Unable to bypass domain/subdomain(s) when localhost is provided as proxy in configuration profile.

pshaik
New Contributor II

I have a use case where I want to apply proxy as localhost i.e. 127.0.0.1:3128 for both http and https but i want a few domains (ex: *.jamfserver.com, *.google.com) to be bypassed from the proxy. I tried this setting manually and it works fine. But when i created a configuration profile and tried to push the  same, Im not seeing the bypass taking effect but all domains are going thru proxy server. PFA screenshots of manual configuration (where bypass domain from proxy worked after a restart) and the configuration profile created on JamfServer which is not bypassing when pushed to target machine.

Mac OS under use: Big Sur 11.4

Jamf server version: 10.30.3-t1624643096

pshaik_0-1627047029846.png

pshaik_1-1627047179150.png

3 REPLIES 3

pshaik
New Contributor II

Found out that this is product bug in Jamf as of now, so here is the workAround provided by jamf support. And it worked so the Exception object is a list but its being created as string array in the first place. This is a known and documented product issue of PI-009640 per support

1. Manually download the profile and unsign it

2. Change the key value from this:

<key>Exceptions</key>
<array>
<string>*.jamfcloud.com</string>
<string>*.jamf</string>
<string>*.jamf.com</string>
<string>*jamf.com</string>
<string>dgqa.jamfcloud.com</string>
<string>*.google.com</string>
</array>

to this:

<key>ExceptionsList</key>
<array>
<string>*.jamfcloud.com</string>
<string>*.jamf</string>
<string>*.jamf.com</string>
<string>*jamf.com</string>
<string>dgqa.jamfcloud.com</string>
<string>*.google.com</string>
</array>

3. Sign the profile then upload to Jamf for distribution.

johndipanfilo
New Contributor II

I recently ran into this same issue and was informed of Product Issue (PI-009640). Ran across this post wile researching to obtain further detail. Wanted to share that this is still an issue as of March 2022 and will require a workaround as @pshaik has described.

shreyas_muniraj
New Contributor

This still seems to be an issue with the latest version of JAMF Pro (11.3.0).
Is there any plan to fix it in the upcoming releases?