Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

iPhoto update in Lion

Hello, Until now I've been somewhat fortunate to not have to work with Lion, and I've been watching your various posts and been thankful I haven't had to do anything. However, that time is over for me unfortunately.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Plug-In Templates

Thanks to all who were able to attend the Self Service Plug-In session at the NUC yesterday. We've posted a new Casper Suite SDK this morning which includes a couple of templates to help you get started on developing your own plug-ins as well as the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import CSV directly into a Smart Computer Group?

So here is our typical workflow... Analyst provides a list of 500 Mac Serial Numbers that we need to push something to. We have someone copy/paste all 500 Serial Numbers into a Smart Computer Group We then push to that Smart Computer Group Any stragg...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service IT Support Ideas

Please post any ways you may be using Self Service to automate your IT Support. The one I am looking for specifically was using AppleJack. Someone shared how they used Self Service to Run AppleJack on a client computer. If that is true you could you ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS5 Battery Life

In addition to the iOS 5.0.1 update, disabling some of the location services may help to improve battery life on iPhone/iPad with iOS5. In Settings > Location Services > Location Services, I disabled "Diagnostics & Usage", "Location-Based iAds", and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

exploiting scripts in PKG

Can anyone steer me to web resources/hints/tips/tricks etc. that can help me dig deeper in using scripts in a PKG? Currently trying to build a package that will install some fonts only in to the current logged-in user's home folder and no one else.Se...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Acrobat 9

Hi guys, I need to deploy acrobat 9 to a handful of workstations... & Ive forgot how to do it! Do I just install drag the app folder into composer I install the app & then do a new & modified before I launch to capture the license number etc onc laun...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6 Server as 10.7 SUS

Hello, I recall someone mentioning an article, perhaps on AFP548 about how you can make your 10.6 server deliver 10.7 software updates? Can anyone share the link to that, please? Thanks! Craig E  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wither DMG...here is a loop script for PKG

!/bin/sh ## Copy stuff to existing/future users, set ownership and permissions.# # Copy to User Template and set root:wheel ownership /usr/bin/ditto /tmp/USERCRAP /System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/usr/sbin/chown -R root:wheel /System/Librar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberos automatic renew

Hi guys Have a problem where some users keep machines logged in overnight, goes to screen saver password lock and the 10 hour kerberos ticket expires. I found this http://list.jamfsoftware.com/pipermail/casper/2011-April/011433.html But it isn't clea...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Heads up for 10.7.2

Hi guys Just to let you know there is a serious bug but network home directories, doesn't matter if your using open directory or AD. Ever since Apple brought out 10.7.2 and changed LDAP the whole share mounts and your user will see everyones home sha...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery image

I followed the Article... http://jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=319 - specifically Re-Imagingthe Macs in Your Environment I followed all the steps, incl making the recovery partition. Iuploaded to casper to its own recovery config. I then went to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX for Time Server

Hi all, I have an MCX Managed Preference I called "Internal Time Server"User Level EnforcedDomain: ~/Library/Preference/com.apple.MCXKey: timeServerValue: myjss.server.com And it works great. All my Macs point to myjss.server.com and the JSS points t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Community- KB

I was reading the KB on deploying lion (presumably the same one that went out earlier from Jamf. In the steps below "Step 3. Upload the recovery partition package..." but you don't talk about how to create it until steps 4-whatever. Is it just out of...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

dsconfigldap in 10.7 ( not really casper related )

Hi list, Not really Casper related, but I need to tap into the wealth of knowledge here 10.7.2 client build. Bind to OD server (10.6.8) via GUI works as expected. MCXs applied. Happy days Bind to OD server via dsconfigldap, the bind succeeds, the com...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7.2 server

I had the same problem. Eric from JAMF guided me and now it is fixed. Best to speak to support.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Docs for Alt. platform installs

The current docs for the alternate platform installs are a great start- but it would be great if links to the various necessary installers could be maintained by JAMF - as hunting down the exact certified versions of Tomcat, java, MySQL etc can take ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New JAMF Nation Site

This afternoon at the JAMF National User Conference, the new JAMF Nation Community site was announced. Have a look: http://www.jamfnation.com --John WetterTechnical Services ManagerEducational Technology, Media & Information ServicesHopkins Public Sc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension attribute for FileVault 2 status

One of the items I was planning to mention during my FileVault 2 talk was that I've written an extension attribute to provide information about FileVault 2. To celebrate JAMF Nation's new site, here it is in advance! It's also available from my GitHu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors