Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Exchange 2010 to O365 Migration on iPads/iPhones

Hello All We are currently in the process of migrating from on-prem to O365. Our mobile devices are configured with an exchange payload. Have any of you had stayed with the exchange payload? Have any of you moved to having your users sign in to the O...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Migration from Casper to JAMF Pro

Hey Everyone, So I'm trying to migrate printers from our old casper JSS to the new Jamf Pro JSS and I understand I'm going to have to create each of them manually which at this point I'm okay with (despite there being over 100 lol) but what I don't w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

App internal reviews or use cases

Beyond the apps catalog or Self Service: do you provide an internal resource to teachers on the apps that have been added to your catalog?Such as a review by instructional coaches, who is using it, and how it is being used?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie to NetSUS needs help troubleshooting

I have setup a new NetSUS server running on RHEL. I can get to the web interface, I have added a valid certificate and enabled the Software Update service (the only portion I'm using) but I'm not getting any updates. I try to add a branch, but I'm as...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe RUM Version Tracking

Hello all! Im trying to figure out a script to track down the version of Adobe RUM on our Macs to determine if they need to be upgraded. I think the current version is 2.4.0.3. Any idea's? Since it's a Unix Executable its been problematic. Any help w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

softwareupdate --history is blank, but updates are installed

I've tried as root, still blank. No updates found from the update server when I do softwareupdate -al. Package receipts from the following command show it is up to date. Does anyone know where the command softwareupdate --history pulls its data from?...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Composer - Package Not compatible

Hello, I am new on Jamf :)I want to package Zscaler App Agent for deploy it with JamfPro.I have follow this link : https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/35319/zscaler-app-with-optionsAnd when i execute manually the PKG make with Jamf Composer,...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Wifi and external drive access

Hi all, I'm new to JAMF so forgive my basic knowledge! I'm looking to be able to remotely turn on/off Wifi and external drive access to our Macs, in a way that users cannot turn them back on. I seem to have this working by using 2 different Policies....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dropbox Symlinks

Hi, We are using Dropbox and i'm looking for a way to redirect the user folders like Documents etc to redirect to Dropbox.This makes sure that user folders are always synced and available if something happens to their laptop.Anyone has some ideas how...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running script on Mojave

Hello, I need someone help I'm trying to run a script via jamf policy in a few computer and want to do it all at once but I get this error bellow execution error: Not authorized to send Apple events to System Events. (-1743) Really need some help  View more

1142223abec243a0b3fa0656edc5e394
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crowdstrike Unsupervised iOS profile

Hey everyone, Has anyone been able to successfully deploy Crowdstrike falcon on an unsupervised iOS? I'm able to get supervised deployments to work. FWIW, their official documentation states that unsupervised deployments are fully supported on InTune...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Microsoft Defender ATP for Mac - No License Found

We are testing deployment of Microsoft Defender ATP through Jamf, and everything goes great during the initial deployment. Things look fine for days, but as soon as the user reboots or moves to a different network, ATP starts throwing a "No License F...  View more

7bc065ee4cda480f939ad48d303cada0
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't disable Lost Mode on iPad

Hi All! I have a 5th generation iPad running iOS 13 that is stuck in lost mode. We use Zscaler with all our devices. When I send the "Disable Lost Mode" command to the iPad it doesn't work. I have tried updating the inventory, clearing passcodes, eve...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

REST API Data collect Issue through PowerShell

Hi There, I face a problem to collect Computers "Running Services" or "Application names" through REST API call with a PowerShell Script. Basically, i can fetch computers datas when there are not duplicated but for instance as there are generally sev...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mojave Smart Card exclusions

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to enable Force Smart Card Login and make exclusions for specific users in MacOS Mojave? I have to make Smart Cards mandatory through a mobileconfig policy thats been provided and by also making cha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable macOS simultaneous login

Hi, I found this good article about how to log out another user without logging in on macOS.. However, I haven't been able to find any information online about restricting the simultaneous login session on macOS to just 1, which is similar to Windows...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling Remote Desktop on Catalina

I've looked at several threads on how to do this and with what I've learned it works for my Mojave test machine but not Catalina. In Catalina it enabled but just hangs when trying to connect unless enabled manually. If enabled manually it works fine....  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Cisco AnyConnect VPN Start Before Login on

Has anyone had any success to get Cisco AnyConnect VPN start before login on to allow us to deal with the scenario of needing to ship a Mac to a user who is working remotely and who has never logged into the laptop previously  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Power BI Connector Data source error:

If I add the Computers group of data I get the following error when trying to refresh from Power BI Workspace after publishing. Data source error: The 'computerDetails.latitude' column does not exist in the rowset. Table: Computers.Cluster URI: WABI-...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommendation when enabling file vault?

Our campus is in the beginning of stages of working towards enabling full disk encryption on computers designated to go off campus. I've read here and there of some ugly stories of working with it and SecureToken. There aren't a lot of Macs on campus...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote OS Upgrades

Hi, I am looking into doing remote OS upgrades. I have put Catalina as a Mac Store App into the JSS, which installs the stub installer fine but then it requires admin credentials to complete the install. Is there any workaround that I can use to trig...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

re-applying DEP after record deletion

Hi all,I think this is not possible but smarter minds may know a way...A T2 Macbook Air was activated and enrolled using DEP, then the record in jamf was deleted.Can this device be re-added to DEP without wiping the device?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block SSID/Mock bad SSID

Hello Everyone, Looking to mock a SSID with a bad password to prevent users from connecting to an open network. Does anyone have advice for achieving this via network profiles?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Chrome Hardware Acceleration

Hello everyone, We are a K12 school district that is utilizing Google Meet for allow interaction between teachers and students during a statewide mandated lockdown. Unfortunately, we are using 2015 MacBook Pros with Intel 6100 Graphics that have a dr...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors