Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

One user profile for multiple users

Here's the situation: In a Mac lab on campus we would like it if when any student logs in (using NoMAD and authenticating to AD) they are put into an existing profile that does not match their username. For example, the Mac is configured with a stand...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Apps search, no results

Hey, I have noticed when I try to add a App Store app to Jamf the search will sometime show no results (for anything I type in). When it happends it wont work at all but if I try later in the day it works... super annoying. Any ideas?  View more

2fc64e2f1e8c4147b3bbcd5866eaf510
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't connected LDAP over SSL

Here's an example of why you keep documentation current: The test system has LDAP connectivity to adldap.organization through SSL. The CN of the certificate is listed in the web inteface as adldap.organization. I can't successfully get through the se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to setup ldaps with split dns system.

I have .com for the inside and .edu for the outside. I do not own the .com only the .edu. The cert for the ad is linked to the .com. I can not make it .edu because things inside will brake. I was told the host name i use in the ldap screen and cert h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security command: User interaction is not allowed!

Hey guys,I'm need to run security show-keychain-info command to query Keychains information of endpoints. Some of them return User interaction is not allowed although their Keychain is unlocked.Other security commands don't work on those endpoints.Ho...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome - User Preferences File

Hi Everyone, Hoping someone can help. I've been tasked in editing our users Google Chrome Preference file with a protocol handler to suppress the "always open these types of links in the associated app" drop down to an internal application being used...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

rsync opendir: Operation not permitted

So I can run this from Self Serve, and it runs flawlessly. rsync -rltgoD --progress --no-p --delete --cvs-exclude /Users/"$loggedInUser"/Documents /Volumes/dfs/"$adOU/"$loggedInUser/Mac_Documents If I try to run it at login, it errors out with: "/Use...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Applications

Hi, I think I'm missing something.I'm currently trying to set up a process so every app we provide to our user (through SS or silently) can stay updated. Since all our users have standards user accounts, they can't run any app updates by themselves. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

VLC playback in kiosk-like mode

Hi, I'm trying to playback an mp4/mov video at user login on the Mac machine using the VLC command line /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC. The requirement is to automatically play in full screen and exit. No keyboard/mouse input is allowed dur...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting softwareupdate

I'm trying to create a workflow for our school in which a computer can be booted, will check for available software updates and apply any necessary, and then check in with our JSS once no more software updates are identified. I'm curious if anyone ha...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable TouchID on MacBook Air

Hey everyone, I'm setting up some MacBook Airs and I'd like to disable the TouchID window that comes up when a new student logs in for the first time. What is the best way to do that? Thanks!  View more

9cebd9ca17c4447a83af3550961a6710
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro Install macOS, To The Point!

JAMF Pro Install macOS, To The Point! For anyone who may have the task to reinstall JAMF Pro on macOS (Dev server, etc), and do not want to take the way too long way to do it..... Here is the abridged version.... and you stay in one area, not all ove...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Wifi Switch for iOS

My organization is looking to move our iPads we have distributed through out to a central SSID and getting rid of the current one they are connected to. I have created the new config profile and can push it to my test device and remove the old wifi c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolling OSX virtual machine into JSS - Issues

On my Macbook pro, I have made an OSX VM using Vmware Fusion. Initially I was getting an odd failure message and did some digging. I followed this article:https://travellingtechguy.eu/vmware-dep/ The odd failure has now gone away, but I am receiving ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scripting - Getting a line from txt file

Hello, I'm very new to scripting and need help getting a specific line from a txt file. I need to get an Adobe Challenge Key for our License renewal process. I figured out a way of packaging the terminal tool kit and running a script to get a text fi...  View more

36d4cfffbf6c4afdb62cd21f007f8963
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs not checking in

We are tearing our hair out with this problem. Some of our Macs (random, not always the same) are not checking in with the JSS on the 15 minute Check-in Frequency set under Computer Management. This means that when a policy is available it takes some...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Laptop Carts

Hello, I work in a school and we use quite a few carts for MacBooks and iPads. Does anyone know of or have experience with carts that not only charge but have network connection to see how many devices are connected remotely? Whenever I search, I jus...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfPro on CentOS8

I tried to install JamfPro on CentOS8 in my sandbox. Get this error. [sys_admin@test-jamf tmp]$ sh jamfproinstaller.run Verifying archive integrity... All good. Uncompressing Jamf Pro InstallerExtraction failed. 100% Signal caught, cleaning up I did ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change of Username (Prompt end user for name)

Hi All, I have around 500 mac's where at least half get passed around in departments. I have an extension attribute to tell me the last user. I have to export this to a CSV with the current username assigned (Active Directory). Does anyone have a scr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Password Policy

Hi All, I am using Profile Creator a to create a password policy. I then go and edit it to be 25 characters min. However when the machine boots or within the password change screen I only see the number. When the full 25 characters has been entered t...  View more

e8f3900881e442258a2d2d95463d163e 671635d2150f49fabee369bb00dc2f24
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors