Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro.Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixes the following product issue:[PI110938] Jamf Pro no longer sends looping InstallProfile MDM commands to computers in the scope of automated deployments for Jamf Protect.Fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Update 31 January 2023: Today we released 10.43.1. Full details, including the Cloud Upgrade schedule, are posted here. Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The proces...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

10.4 upgrade JamfAgent permissions error

We upgraded the server to 10.4 last evening now every Mac client has an You don't have permission to use the application "JamfAgent." Clicking OK does nothing as it just immediately re-appears continuously. We have tried to add it to allow it in the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete PowerPoint Template File

Our Mac's have a PowerPoint template file deployed to them, located in /Users/ACCOUNTNAME/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content/Templates. I'm trying to script deleting this file, and not having much luck. Any thoughts! Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra upgrade - user login issue

Hi, We are facing issues after upgrade High Sierra OS. Macs enrolled with JAMF with EC. Machines are not bound to AD. After upgrade to High Sierra getting two login windows. First window with user icon , there can use current user name and password t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dashboard URL

Not sure if this is already a feature but I have been unable to find any info on it. We would like to display the Jamf Pro dashboard on a TV in our office, is there a URL that does not require a login to simply view the dashboard? Or is there a way t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 13 kudos

Hotcorner for High Sierra

I would like to trigger the hotcorner at bottom right corner. But while it is no use for editing the com.apple.dock.plist Anyone have the experience for hotcorner in High Sierra 10.13.4 Cheers, Ken  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deny Local User Account Ability to Login?

We have an admin account we give out to users that unfortunately has the same password for all users. We want to ensure that they cannot just Option + Enter (what is this feature called?) at the login screen to log into the current account, if that m...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sonicwall Content Filtering and Jamf Pro Server

So just resolved an issue with my JAMF Pro server install. I self-host my servers with a clustered LAN/DMZ configuration. Last week, on 4/26/18, the servers stopped being able to auto-renew the Proxy Push Certificate, as well as stopped being able to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Login Failure

Hi All, I have an odd issue. I converted a local account to a mobile account on a Macbook Pro running 10.13.2. It is joined to the domain. When I attempt to login using the converted account I get denied (shaken off). I am able to login using my doma...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom Errors

We are seeing a wide variety of issues with Apple Classroom that started this week. Using App version 2.2 on the most recent iPad 9.7" that came out last summer. Ad hoc class creation. Issue: students unable to join a class, option does not appear in...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identifying 32 bit apps for iOS before VPP Purchase

In preparing for 32 bit apps and iOS 11, I've found a number of helpful posts in finding 32 bit apps I currently have in Jamf. As of this summer all of our devices will be iOS 11 and once I have all 32 bit apps removed, I'd like to my Team to be able...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12 mounted server window doesnt open

The issue is when we mount a server via "Connect to Server" the server does mount but the window does not open automatically. This is an issue with a single client so its not critical, but I just cant figure it out. The user is running 10.12.6 and we...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Trend Micro Security script

This script will completely remove Trend Micro security from the MacWe saw that the official uninstaller didn't completely remove all components.Newer versions might work but this script works for us anyway. #!/bin/sh # Copyright: EVRY # Filename: Un...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Data move for files with over 256 characters

Hi, So finally getting rid of an old Xserve, the data is being moved to new Windows Servers. Does anybody have a script that I can run on Snow Leopard Server that can tell me all the files and folders with over 256 characters as this will cause issue...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find someone using a twitter account

I am trying to find a way to search for a student who maybe posting some harassing content on twitter to our faculty. I figure if they are using our district owned devices then I should be able to run a script to search for them. Anyone done somethin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy To Remove User Info from User & Location

With user-initiated enrollment required for non-DEP deployments, we find ourselves stuck with computer labs that are assigned to the tech who set them up. We've tried a couple policy scripts to clear the user info and nothing seems to work. Has anyon...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Slack - Version Installed Extension Attribute

I found a great script to update Slack here on Jamf Nation but I couldn't find an extension attribute to find the current installed version so I wrote my own (borrowed from a Google Chrome version EA). My intent is to create a smart group with less t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple Monitors and ARD

Does anyone else have issues with machines with a lot of monitors? We have a few Mac Pros that run a video wall. Each one drives 6 monitors via HDMI. I can consistently ARD to one of them the rest do not connect and if on a rare chance they do they f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamfhelper not running properly

We have our jamfhelper.sh set to run at enrollment to prompt to enter the new computer name. That part of the script has stopped working recently. We are not getting the popup anymore to enter the name but the part of the script after the sleep to sh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firewall: Jamf PRO Server testing

@dan.kubley showed me this to test if the firewall for your jamf PRO server is configured correctly: /bin/nc -z gateway.push.apple.com 2195/bin/nc -z feedback.push.apple.com 2196/bin/nc -z mdmenrollment.apple.com 443/bin/nc -z vpp.itunes.apple.com 44...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

High Sierra Content Caching

I am literally stumped!!!We (I) am in the process of rolling out multiple Mac mini across multiple sites in the organisation.The network is quite complex; we have two data centres, each with a firewall and each with a public IP. Mac mini will hit the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors