Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Assign machine to user during DEP enrollment

Right now our workflow is a technician sets up the mac, when they unbox the machine DEP enrolls it, they finish the setup and give it to the user. Were working towards "direct to user" setups, but things like data migrations and various peripheral se...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to create an installation pkg for Kaspersky

Hello JAMF Nation, I am a new JAMF user looking for guidance on how to create an installation pkg for Kaspersky antivirus. I have already found this thread which has some information, but it assumes anyone reading it already knows what they're doing ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Searches: Permissions Denied

Before I make a support ticket can anyone verify for me?Jamf pro version 10.9I have techs with group permissions, and each is a member of two groups:one group is for All techs, not site based and i haveCreate, Update, and read all checked:Advanced Co...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best method to backup iPad data.

My manager wants me to look into backing up iPads. Do iCloud backups store app data? If so, I just started looking into Apple School Manager. We have partially converted over to it but still use the VPP portal to distribute apps. Currently, we are no...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unmanaged Macs to Static Group

HiIm not sure if this was discussed already.we are using Jamf Pro Version 10.7.0We have a requirement to add certain computers to static groups , even before the computer is enrolled via DEP. I could create a computer entry by Create Computer API (JS...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security and Privacy Payload

Just need some input how the following can be handled, as I need 2 scenarios in my "security and privacy" payload Default in "general" tab you have to choose how gatekeeper must handle software downloads, only from appstore etc. Then under "filevault...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can the Database be a separate server

Brand new on this one - the environment builds everything with the R2 design for high availability - MySQL on a Linux Server - and Jamf Pro on Windows Server? I haven't used this in a considerable number of revisions....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capture keyboard shortcut settings in System Preferences

We must disable keyboard shortcuts for screenshots as a requirement for the state online assessment. In Sierra, these screenshot keyboard shortcuts have their own option under Keyboard > Shortcuts. Under Mojave, it has an additional option. How can w...  View more

5935a8db29ba4d9fa0e39ca2015906ef
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Users Folder with Time Machine to QNAP

So I have read through a few threads about how to setup using time Machine to backup to a QNAP for just one user folder. What I am actually looking at doing is setting up Time Machine to be pre-configured to backup the the user folder for all profile...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Speed up Mac Data Transfer

Has anyone found a way to make data migrations faster? I need to find a way to move data quickly from one computer to the next. Migration assistant with thunderbolt takes about 1 to 2 hours. Its way worse with ethernet. I tried time machine backup bu...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post Enrollment Prompt

Good Afternoon and happy new year everyone. I am looking to have a prompt appear post-enrollment asking for a few pieces of information:Name:E-mail Address:Department: (Drop Down would be nice). Once the user submits the information it would modify t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

hostname variable for FQDN

My current site utilizes a Network Policy Server (NPS) for authentication to the tightly controlled Wi-Fi. The WiFi is EAP and uses machine authentication through NPS I have that part working properly. I was able to create a profile that polls the AD...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming New Macs

I'm wondering how others are handling setting hostnames of new Macs coming into their environment automatically with JAMF. Here's my scenario: I have 20 new machines being deployed in my environment. After enrollment (or during the process), I want t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modify MySQL Field Data in a Table

Hello. Is there a way to view/edit an app record in the catalog through MySQL? Specifically, I want to uncheck the box in the app records that forces app updates from all the apps in the catalog where it shows up. Does anyone know what that field is ...  View more

d8fa66302c924bbcac7dd3e755482ed4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.14.2 patch update as PKG - how to install

So I deployed the 10.14.2 update to mac´s (cached) as pkg. But just getting stuck in how actually to start the update without any user interaction - or what is the best practise to deploy a OS security patch . We don´t have any update server and of c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration profile - when it should apply

I don´t know if there is a simple solution for this, but I cannot see any way We have a configuration profile that ad a Machine certificate through AD CS. The issue is that when the mac is being enrolled, there in one of the first steps the user need...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2019 and Volume License PKG not deploying

All. Totally new to all of this so please bear with me. I am managing about 30 Macs and iOs devices for my church and attempting to deploy Office 2019 pkg and the Volume License PKG. I amusing JamfNow Plus and had added the apps to my system and then...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud 2019-only Patch Definitions

We found the Jamf-provided Adobe Creative Cloud Patch Definitions too inclusive as many of our users are sticking with 2018 versions, but were prompted to apply 2019 updates. Adobe Creative Cloud 2019-only Patch Definitions Note: As @brysontyrrell po...  View more

8502ca643b154a1c951681f7ccfb0dfe
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open Directory "mobile" Users to Standard local users

Hello JAMF Nation, We just moved away from Open Directory using Enterprise Connect and I was wondering if anyone knew how to move a OD "mobile" account to just standard local Users. We have had some success in doing this but unfortunately the user ne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads Not Communicating with Jamf

We recently enrolled our first hundred iPads through DEP. We weren't quite ready to deploy at that time, so they have been sitting a while. Now that we are trying to deploy them, we find that we have quite a few that haven't updated their inventory i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install SEP from Remote PKG JamF Now Plus

I followed this same instructions to make a package from our SEPMhttps://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/26885/how-to-package-symantec-endpoint-protection-sep-14 but when i upload it to JAMF now plus it says the package isnt signed so i cant add...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create a Smart Group for Touchbar Macs?

I've looked around, but seem to be at a loss; Does anyone here know a way to create a Smart Group that will capture all Touchbar Macs, and/or Macs with Touch ID? There is a "Touch ID" criteria in the latest version of JAMF, but I'm not sure what valu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reboot script with defferal

Hello, and happy new year everyone. Reaching out to you guys about a good reboot script with deferral. Our users here never restart their computers. As of now, its gotten to a point where its horrible.Updates get installed and they need machines to b...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script To Force Quit Lotus Notes

I've been on this forum for a while now and it is very helpful. I've been able to use a few things I've found from here. I have a question. Does anyone have a script that does the below? I am not capable of writing it from scratch myself but could mo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why would you need Remote Apple Events Enabled?

Can someone explain why I would need Remote Apple Events enabled under Sharing in System Preferences? Other than running apple script from PC-1 to PC-2 (which I never do). I rather have it turned OFF -- but when reading the MAN pages I can only set i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors