Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

dockutil policy error, not sure why ???

I copied (select line 1 to last line 678 and copy) the dockutil.py from here https://github.com/kcrawford/dockutil/blob/master/scripts/dockutil put it in textwrangler, called int dockutil.py and placed it in /usr/local/bin (El Capitan), dragged it in...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Device Smart Groups - Best Practices

We have been running into a high CPU usage issue on our Database server (Windows 2008r2) caused by multiple items in the Smart group criteria. We were able to narrow it down to one of our techs cloning other Smart groups, renaming Smart group, deleti...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cron Not Running??

Recently did a clean install of El Capitan on some student computers. Previously running Yosemite. I have a cron job set to run a perl script which deletes user accounts. This same cronjob which previously ran in Yosemite (so did the script), is not ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing a configuration to a Mac

Hi folks, We have been using Casper Imaging for older machines, and this works fine. Imaging uses a configuration that installs a load of PKGs and runs a load of scripts. Note I'm talking about Computer Management > Configurations and NOT Configurati...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad passcode auto lock not working?

Hi everyone, I've setup a payload under passcode, given maximum auto-lock time is 15 minutes.However, on my iPad it's still locked in 2 minutes(by default) and the iPad allows user to modify the time as they like. Is there any way to disable the sett...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to apply mobileconfig for config profile

i am testing Dock Master (http://errorfreeit.com.au/blog/2015/4/28/dock-master) and it created a mobile config from the site. When I create a new configuration profile in JSS how do I apply the mobile config? do I use the custom settings payload and ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNS Communication

Hi Guys, I've setup a JSS on Ubuntu 14.04 as a bit of a home lab system. All seems to work fine apart from the communication to APNS:- Unable to create a push notification certificate through the JAMF nation wizard. When I log in it boots be back to ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please vote up

Probably trivial, but thought I'd post to request to be able to select text and insert URL... Easier way to post URLs...should just select text, hit URL button and type or paste URL, no?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Computer Search and Wildcards

I'm trying to build an Advanced Computer Search so I can save it and delegate some work. Long story short, I can't get wildcards to work with Advanced Computer Searches at all. If I use an asterisk for Application Title, I get nothing at all. However...  View more

a6cbab460d1e45df9178344c7901d5b3 aa580038283a44769d5d1f265e9b3f18
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Airport "JoinMode" Roam Settings

Has anyone played around with this setting? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7430732?start=0&tstart=0 Our networking team has asked we try changing this so clients don't stick to an AP too long while moving around, but in my roaming cases with Ap...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 64-bit coming soon

Just relaying the information and giving people a heads up: 64-bit deployment is coming soon! Here’s the target schedule for each distribution channel: Insiders Fast​ -> 64bit release on 6/29, using main 160628. ​Insiders Slow​ -> 64bit release on 7/...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac ESX specs?

So we're thinking of building a virtual Mac environment and since we don't have any ESX's running on Mac Hardware, I've been tasked with looking into it. So what are you guys using to run your ESX's with Mac hardware so you can create Mac VDI's on?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does DEP require the JSS be accessible on the internet?

We are enrolled in DEP and have a pre-stage set which gets us to the Configuration Available prompt. However, when clicking Next we get an error stating "Unable to configure your mac an error occurred while obtaining automatic configuration settings....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 14.6.5 crashing

After upgrading some Macs to Office 2011 14.6.5, many of them are now crashing after trying to create a new document or freezing upon launch. At first I thought it was an isolated event but I'm seeing it more and more. Has anyone else experienced thi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use Composer to call scripts

I'm trying to bundle 3 installs into 1 pkg using composer. It needs to call an install script for each install. I added all 3 to a post flight script, but it doesn't seem to run them.. #!/bin/sh cd /tmp/Threat-Prevention ./PkgInstallScript cd /tmp/Fi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

HyperV

We are thinking of moving our JSS to a HyperV VM. Any positives or negatives that anyone would want to share? My thinking is it would be fine. Thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

NETSUS issues...

So, All of a sudden, Can't see netboot image across subnets.Can see ok on same subnet. I removed all the Subnet entries, then re-added and all was well.Until the next day when the booting across subnets reverted to the same issue. Anyone had similar ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

lftp mirroring for distribution points replication

Hi there jamfnationers! A few weeks ago, I discovered lftp, super awesome small utility. Pretty much like rsync in steroids. What I like the most about this utility is its ability to split files for faster transfer and continue interrupted file tranf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove printer based on queue/path

So, we have a situation where our print queue names have changed. Pushing out the new queues and drivers is easy enough, but in the past the printers were often installed manually so the names vary from computer to computer. The queues themselves are...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking App store updates for El Capitan

Standard accounts on macs can install OS updates and app updates with the mac app store without putting admin credentials. I was wondering what any of you do to prevent users from running app store updates on the mac. I would like to block the OS fro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Summer Release Beta 2 is now available

The second beta build for our Summer 2016 Release of Casper Suite 9.93 is now available. This release includes new patch management features to simplify workflows for keeping the software in your environment up-to-date, as well as substantial enhance...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors