Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Historical policy logs

Is there a way to see a single log of all the Policies that have been installed? In chronological order? With logged in user and computer name? I'd like to see something that tells me something like this: date time user computer policy 4/1/2016 8:00a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperCheck upgrade to 9.9

I have been trying to upgrade our CasperCheck to use the 9.9 quick add. I created a new one, copied to the server, and ran caspercheck, and it verifies the connection, but fails to download it. when I put in https://our.server/QuickAdd.pkg.zip to Saf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Troubleshooting Self Service issue

I'm having some issue with Self Service in 9.82 that I'm trying to resolve and I'm looking for help in how to troubleshoot the issue. I'm trying to create a thin build to install over an OS as opposed to using netboot and capser imaging. I have all t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2016 - Session Requests & Proposals

Hello JAMF Nation,I’m sure by now you have heard that this year’s JAMF Nation User Conference will be bigger than ever with more sessions from the community, as well as employees. We would love your feedback on what you are most interested in learnin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Images not loading

Our network team have made some changes to the Palo Alto and now Mac App Store images aren't loading. All we get are placeholders They've allowed the 17.0.0.0/8 range but it appears that the images are hosted elsewhere. Does anyone know what else we ...  View more

e0d8e91d2f1d49c0b9ce350779f26f31
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom - Anyone got it to work yet?

We are trying to set up Apple Classroom and we can't get it to work correctly. We are seeing even though we have added a full class, only one or two students show up. Iv'e checked that all student's are supervised and are running 9.3.1 We are using s...  View more

• 86 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Based VPP Question

I'm thinking this will be a simple answer, but does Device Based VPP support multiple VPP tokens to the same device. For example, if I push out App1 and App2 from VPPAccount1, will the device install App3 if I push it out from VPPAccount2? Right now ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD logins problems

Experts, I am trying to resolve the problem with binding/login user to Yosemite / ElCapitan. With PC bounded todomain we don't have any problems with user logins. With MAC OS sometimes user can't login at all. Then we remove a laptop from domain and ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to run in background at logon?

Is it possible to have a script that gets started at logon and continues running in the background? Due to it not being possible by other methods, I'd like to write a script for use with exam users that regularly (e.g. every 30 seconds) checks for Sa...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mounting network drives with variables

I've got a question concerning the mounting of network drives but I think it's rather a Mac OS issue than a Casper Suite issue. I tried to make a configuration profile which configures the network mounts in the login items payload. I want to mount th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paused Printer

Has anyone run into any issues with paused printers, and the only way to clear it is with Admin credentials? We have students trying to print and someone has paused a print job and no one can print until we clear it out.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using JSS API to POST new departments

At the university, our list of departments is in routine flux -- departments get created, merged with other departments, renamed, etc. When I initially set up our JSS years ago, I did so with a dump of 280 existing LDAP departments at the time. Today...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy logs not sorting by date by default?

Hi Everyone, We are on JSS 9.9 and it could be me, but when I look at policy logs in the JSS, they aren't being sorted automatically by date. I swear prior to 9.9, when looking at these logs to see the status of a policy, they were always sorted by d...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to bulk move policies to a site?

I've created a new Site where a bunch of Macs and their associated policies will be moved... I know how to bulk move the Macs into the new site, but it doesn't look like there's a way to do the same with policies. Will I have to move them one by one ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad with passcode

Good afternoon. I have a district ipad that has been wiped and is "ready to enroll" but another technician must have set a passcode on it. The ipad shows up in Pre Stage, but I can't click on the device to send a Command to clear the passcode. The ip...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where does Self Service stage installers?

Hi All,I've been searching for a bit - I'm sure the answer already exists but I can't find it! Where does Self Service for Mac stage the installers? I've got a user who used Self Service to upgrade to El Cap, but "something came up" and he manually k...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9.9 + Mac Servers + Mac Clients

Been kind of waiting to see what's reported on 9.9. We don't really have a test environment here and spinning up some VMs is a pain because of some custom files that i need find and copy over to them in order to do the DB imports and stuff. So far th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Management Account Password

Hey All I have to change our management account password and I am not entirely sure of the correct process. This is what I think needs to happen, but I want to verify before I break anything. 1) Create a policy with management account option -> Speci...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP User Group Assignments not working

Just wanted to let others know and see if anyone had any ideas for us. Since the 9.9 update, LDAP user group assignments are not working correctly. We are getting partial assignments but the whole groups are no longer being seen by the JSS. What's ev...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot use 'defaults write' in self service policy

I have created a policy that runs this script: !/bin/bash Get currently logged in user currusr=ls -la /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4touch /var/log/screeen.log Sotre cocoa dialog directory CD='/Applications/Utilities/CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS/Coc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors