Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Menu bar customization

What has everyone found to be the most effective way of customizing the menu bar? Personally I'd like to have certain extras enforced on the menu bar, but allow the user to add additional ones if they like. For example: Keychain status, AirPort, Home...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email JSS reports on schedule with MS Sharepoint

I'm disappointed in the JSS' inability to email out reports on a schedule in the 9.x series. JSS is so helpful emailing out alerts, it's unfortunate that automated reports haven't been rolled into the product, nor any sign of that on the horizon. In ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service potential bug

I have had a few ipads ome my way, where the self service app wont prompt for the app store password to install the app.the requests appear pending casper, against the device. After further investigation, I re-enrolled the device which it still didnt...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application icons not appearing after Composer snapshot?

Hey guys, Ive been having a bit of trouble creating a package for a piece of software called FX Maths using Composer. The software contains 4 different applications that require a license to run so i have been using the "New and Modified" snapshot te...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Composer - Snapshots

Where should we make the OS Packages or software packages using Composer. Should we have a separate mac other than the server. Why would we use Composer Snapshot feature. Do we differentiate the files on this separate mac or the server. I need to cle...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image Macbook Airs with Macbook Pro

Can we image 11" Macbook Airs with 15" Macbook Pro OS X. We have purchased a latest Macbook Pro and we are rolling out some students macbook Airs so the latest OSX with latest machine configuration we have is Macbook Pro. Would there be any hardware ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

selfservice:// links in Gmail

As we know, we can link directly to Self Service with selfservice:// URLs, however, in the Gmail browser interface these are stripped (presumably for security). Has anyone come up with a workaround for this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS isn't giving clients the full catalog list

NetSUS is up and running. It is downloading updates, the URLs are accessible, all updates are enabled, and it seems to be properly behaving. And to keep things simple, I have one branch. It is named "root", is marked as root, and the catalog URL is h...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent App Nap

Hi all, Does anyone have a way of enabling "prevent app nap" systematically? My main applications that would need it are Safari, Outlook, Anyconnect, Chrome, Firefox, Lync. Basically anything needed authentication. Thanks in advance.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing / Updating Assets

We would like to import our non-Apple computers and peripheral equipment into Casper for inventory tracking and integration with our Help Desk software (Web Help Desk). Additionally,we would like to import our Asset Tag data to update that field for ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn shutdown into restart

I'm setting a policy to run at logout but I need the Mac to always restart, even if the user had chosen to shutdown. Setting the policy to restart immediately does not override the original shutdown command. Is there any way I can replace the shutdow...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Philadephia JAMF User Group 05/08/2014

@Seangallagher, thanks for a great get together! It was great to hear others' talk about how they use the product, the new JSS 9.31, and some of the hoops/solutions everyone has to deal with. And I finally got a chance to meet the folks on this forum...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for which power adapter

I don't suppose anybody has an EA that displays what power adapter to use (45w/85w/magsafe2/magsafe) handy do they? We get a lot of requests for additional/replacement power adapters, and the end users and the analyst handling the requests don't usua...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using a non-local Management account

Hi All, Is there a way to have the JSS use a non-local user account for the Management account, i.e. an AD service account? Does anyone do something like this in their environment?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single App Mode - Photos

Is it possible to put an iPad in Single App Mode with the native Photos app? My Admissions department would like to have their iPad in Single App Mode (Photos) during school hours. I can see all the Apps that are installed on the JSS, but I don't see...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to extract data from a plist file

I'm new to scripting the MAC OS and looking for some help to gather version info from a plist file. My goal is to create an extension attribute that will use a bash script to tell me if clients have MozyEnterprise installed. Mozy doesn't seem to inst...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Difference between File Share Distribution and JDS

Hello, For some reason I can't seem to get my head around this and apologies in advance for sounding dumb but what is the difference exactly? At present we have a master File Share Distribution point which we pump all our items (pkgs/scripts/configs)...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors