Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Remove an Apple ID from App Store?

Hello all,I mistakenly imaged my deployment of iMacs with my Apple ID still intact; I really need a way to take that out of 102 machines. Any ideas?Specifically the Mac App store has updates for iLife that at image creation time I updated with my wor...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simpler packaging for standalone .app bundles?

I'm evaluating Casper Suite and surprised that standalone .app applications need to be packaged up. Composer seems to be based on the old days of applications installing files all over the filesystem. But these days, the vast majority of the apps I'm...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compare inventory items

When we assigned our computers, we used the Real name and Username fields in the computer record to do so. However, we ended up with a few students getting the wrong computer. Long story short, I need a way to compare the username field to an extensi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search on Local User Accounts

While I'm sure it's easy, I've not yet found how to search inventory for Local User Accounts. My boss asks me to use Casper to tell him details of the compter Jane Doe uses. I have no idea which computer she is using, as our new naming convention no ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced search - use regex?

I want to search for computers which have no entry for a given attribute. Is it possible to search for a null value? Is it possible to search with a regular expression?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 Netboot Image

I need to create a 10.8 net boot image. I have 10.8 clients but I do not have 10.8 server to get the server tools. I saw where someone created it with Composer, but I do not see the option for NBI. Can someone give me some direction? Thanks! Sharla  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating clients SUS's

Hello Everyone, I've updated our school district's software update servers (SUS)in the JSS in the Settings/network segments module of the web interface and have yet to see a client's /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist file reflect th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 8.61 bug?

Just upgraded everything to 8.61 the other day. Today, I go to image a computer using autorun data and a configuration that I have used many times before and I noticed that our AD bind script is showing up 4 times in the imaging playlist. Anyone else...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups Using IP

I'm trying to set up smart groups based on IP range. Example on campus IP range is 10.200.x.x so on campus smart group would be any IPs that start with 10.200 and off campus would be not 10.200.When I test this, I find 10.200.x.x IPs in the off campu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: AuthBrokerAgent to access the users keychain

Hi All, We're moving to a kerberized proxy, & @ 1st login people are being prompted to allow the AuthBrokerAgent to access the users keychain. This seems to be an apple mechanism that allows sandboxed apps to access the users keychain. Anyway to allo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

grey screen instead of loginwindow 10.8

Hi guys I'm on 10.8.2 and I have noticed since 10.8 now and again I am getting a grey screen where the login window should be. I am finding I have to reboot about 3 times to get the login screen. Has anyone else experienced this? Think I'm going mad ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit pages for printing

Hi all,Currently wondering if anyone has a good solution that would limit the number of pages allowed to be sent to a printer. We currently see students in the library printing large font copies of War and Peace and are looking for a way to maybe set...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Mount Script Problem

I've downloaded and configured the mountNetworkShare.sh script and cannot get it to work. I need an afp share to mount with a single OD=based account and password. I replaced the $3 in the script with the username "art" and entered the password as re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving JSS from 8.43 to 8.61...any gotcha's?

We skipped 8.5 through 8.6, but so far 8.61 is looking good in our LAB. Now that we're seeing Mountain Lion out in the environment, we need to update JSS. If we update JSS, the clients should update themselves. Does this hold true if clients are on 8...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions about Netboot

We have two servers one for casper and one for netboot casper is at 1gb/s and the netboot server is currently at 100mbps We are getting ready to image 600+ machines at the school when we imaged 30 at once only 7 got into the netboot and started imagi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite Distribution Point On Linux

Howdy Nation, Since starting to use Casper Suite about a month ago I have been hacking away at a fairly complete how-to for configuring Ubuntu Server 12.04 as a smb/https distribution point. Check it out and let me know if I missed anything, hope it'...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible to remove these files during imaging?

I just finished making a 10.7.5 image and I realize I forgot to remove the peskhy files I mentioned here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5402 I guess I was expecting to be able to handle this during Casper Imaging time. I crea...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper FirstStart suppression

SO I've been working on a script to run on FirstStart that "suppresses" jamf's jamfHelper with a jamfHelper of my own, customized and controlled exactly the way I want. I'm currently using this for my 10.8 imaging as the entire upheaval of almost eve...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

error running reecon

Has anyone seen this error when running Casper Remote and running update inventory. Error getting recon preferences from the JSS: *** -[NSXMLDocument initWithXMLString:options:error:]: nil argument I am ruing JSS 8.6  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

client software?

what needs to be installed on all of our Mac machines so they can communicate with Casper? And if a Mac does not have this client software can it be Pushed from the Casper Server? I know SCCM from Microsoft and it can read AD and then see machines an...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

New iOS 6 features in Casper v8.61

Yeah!!!~Joe The following feature is new in the Casper Suite v8.61: Support for iOS 6. The Casper Suite includes support for iOS 6. New and updated payloads for iOS configuration profiles. The JSS includes App Lock and Global HTTP Proxy payloads for ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run all Apple SUS updates at 0300 only if logged off

What's the best way to trigger a policy ONLY if the compurter is logged off? Extension Attributes are not an option, since inventory data is gathered every 7 days (14 day window). We need to run "softwareupdate -i -a" only if the Macs are logged off....  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion Server SUS problem

We have update server running on Lion server and all client computers are pointing to it. It works fine when you initiate the updates directly from the client but not when we are triggering the updates via Policy. I get the following error. Checking ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors