Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Thunderbolt/Gigabit adapter

Can anyone with one of the newer adapters confirm if Apple put the mac address on the packaging or device anywhere via barcode? I suppose it's too ugly to hope for this. We just ordered a whole bunch and dreading plugging them in one by one to get ma...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

13GB NetBoot image?

Hi all, I just made a brand new NetBoot image of 10.7.4 and after the build it's almost 13GBsTrashed most of the apps and utilities, ran monolingual also ... but wow 13GB !!! Used the latest method as described in Casper NetBoot Automator Action 1.1A...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging the Newest Airs and Retina MBPs

SO I just got a test of the newest MacBook Air and the Retina MacBook Pro.Not surprisingly none of my net boot images or boot drive will boot them. I grabbed an image from the Air, hoping I could replace all my Air images with this one. But, it turns...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSH for SUS?

Is SSH enabled in the SUS appliance by default? If not, has anyone enabled it? I'm trying to download open ssh but our proxy seems to be getting in the way...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

http distribution point error - windows server

I'm still testing the distribution points I've built out on Windows VMs around the world. Finally have some Macs that I'm testing on the other side of the world.... The issue is I had is a package I pushed failed using http distribution from one site...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBookPro9,1 Mid2012

MacBookPro9,1 has a different built. It comes with 10.7.3. AppStore 10.7.4 comes up with an error "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer." So I can 't create an instadmg image. So back to square one. I now have to recreat...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activate SMB via command line

We have an image that is pretty locked up right now. But in working with our E-discovery group they've requested the ability to SMB into a machine to collect user files for investigations. Right now file sharing is not turned on and not set up. I saw...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CS6 Master Collection wont deploy

Hi Guys, I know a lot has already been said on this but I am at a complete brick wall. I created a master collection installer from aamee. I followed the jamf paper on this. When running via policy it fails and tells me to contact the developer. I se...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Scope to Smart Groups

bonus points for the alliteration in the subject??? Just curious if anyone is getting clever with how you scope out your App installs within self service. I'm debating if it is worth it to create smart groups for machines that do not have an app inst...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Valid MDM Authtoken errors

Hi All, I am working through the process of getting Configuration Profiles going at my company and had hit a roadblock that I'm hoping someone can advise on. I have used both the JSS and Profile Manager to install the profiles which is fine. All nece...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing NiK plugins

I'm currently installing the Nik plugins for CS5. The package I'm creating via composer snapshot includes serialization. When I push out to other computers the serialization disappears on the target computer... as if it was never captured in composer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manual Trigger - documentation?

I feel like I'm missing something really simple. The Admin Guide nor a jaunt through the Nation here reveal information on creating a custom trigger. Is there an article I'm missing that explains how this feature works?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad App Distribution and Generic Apple ID

I am interested in using Casper to distribute apps to iPads that will be kept on carts. Does each of the iPads need a unique Apple ID to accomplish this or can I give all 25 iPads in that cart a generic Apple ID specific to that cart, much like I wou...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thin imaging and policy chaining

Recently attended an admin meeting where folks mentioned that they were using thin imaging (i.e. not nuking the boot volume, but instead using policy to lay down installs and configs). There were a few things that I was unsure about and was hoping to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target mode imaging - erasing boot disk

We are using target mode imaging, and we have the setting on to automatically image the next computer plugged in without prompting. We are seeing that the source machine will forcibly erase the boot drive on the computer sometimes. Has anybody else s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Total Inventory Solution

What are you guys using for all of your inventory needs? I mean Macs, Monitors, PCs, printers, everything? I know I can put peripheral information into the JSS manually, but what about workgroup printers that are not a desktop peripheral? What about ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer with Mountain Lion

I'm unable to use Composer while booted from Mountain Lion DP4, trying to image a volume with Lion installed. The error is hdiutil: create failed - Resource busy And the logs show 6/26/12 12:28:13.151 PM fseventsd[44]: Events arrived for /Volumes/OSX...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Authorization

Hi All, I'm having issues on one of the iMac's computers I look after in our Art Studio. For some reason when one of our AD users goes to Self Service this message appears?'No Self Service Items are available ' No Authoriztions.I've tried running Cas...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

mac book airs netbooting, fail most the time

trying to netboot and reimage macbook airs, fresh out of the box, they fail most the time, sometimes reboot into mac logon, sometimes have text error message and say restart. this happens probably 3 out of 4 times, normally if I keep retrying long en...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for network users using iMacs

Hello all- I'd like to know the best way to handle network users who have a home directory on a file server. As it stands right now, we have them logging into bound iMacs with their network accounts, their home directory gets pushed down to the machi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to move my distribution point

Hi everyone, We need to relocate our distribution point from a Windows SMB share to our Lion server. From what I've read, it sounds like I'll need to create the share on the Lion server, copy the folder structure from the SMB share to the Lion server...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps on iPad

I'm deploying apps to the iPads via JSS. Set apps to prompt to install. When users go to install it prompts to log in or create a new apple ID. Most users it is okay to create a new account, but some come up with this:"Verification Required Before yo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors