Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Adobe Flash Player packaging - Updater mechanism

So, more of an FYI, but I found that if you drag the pkg out of the Adobe Flash Player installer and use that as your install package for Flash Player, you're going to be missing a component of the self-updater system. To some folks, this may be fine...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Your web server certificate expires in 19 days.

When I log into the JSS I am greeted with this message Your web server certificate expires in 19 days. I thought I could go to Settings -> Global Management Framework Settings -> Public Key Infrastructure and renew it. I'm not seeing the option there...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group question

I've only just recently begun playing with smart groups, and I'm stuck trying to figure them out. What I'd like to do is create a smart group based on having a specific package (CS6) installed from Casper, so it can install an update to that particul...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Camp Imaging Woes

I am using a WincClone based image using the latest version of it and the Casper Suite with no luck. I am trying multiple combinations: Creating a Configuration that does not have Mac image. Instead just adding an NTFS partition with the Boot Camp im...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickTime Pro and Lion

All, I know this has probably been hashed over several times. We did some research and yet couldn't find a definitive answer. So I thought I would post a discussion to see how others are addressing this, if at all. We got several hundred new Macs in ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limited amount of NetBoot Clients

We've been experiencing some difficulty with NetBooting. At one site, booting with N or option key and selecting the Netboot image would result in attempting to boot the the image but then default to the internal HD. This started happening with the n...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shell Scripting: Detect Wi-Fi interface

So I hit a snag with a shell script that power cycled the Wi-Fi so that a preferred network setting would take effect. What I found was that I needed to figure out what the Wi-Fi interface was internally (en0, en1 etc) so I could call it correctly de...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unknown AD traffic

I just started with a new company and they have been moving from 10.6 to 10.7. Machines are bound to AD but not utilizing "the golden triangle" with the JSS. For some reason the machines that are running 10.7.x are hammering the ACtive Directory DC's...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Registration for Barcode Maker

We have been looking for a replacement for Barcode Pro for a while. The software was expensive, is old and hasn't been updated for quite a while, and now the company is gone. I did some testing with various products and landed on Barcode Maker from i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

m86 installation fails via casper remote

HelloAnyone tried pushing the m86authenticator pkg through Casper Remote? The school has decided to try m86 and needs a way to push m86. I uploaded the .pkg file that was provided to us and it fails via casper remote with the following error: /usr/sb...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DHCP netsus appliance

Hi, I came across this issue yesterday in that the Windows DHCP server was requesting ip addresses from the netsus appliance with netboot turned on. Firstly is the netboot service able to be turned off on the appliance and have netboot enabled. There...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exclude network segments?

How can I block certain IP ranges from executing policies, without having to manually select every segment when creating a policy? We have a couple hundred network segments globally, and I don't want systems trying to download packages if they are no...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error: package not successfully downloaded: 6

Let me start with we are new to using Casper, so I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did find an answer to this. We are trying to distribute a test application and it keeps failing with the following error in the log:Downloading http...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lots of "Package Not Successfully Downloaded" messages

I have a fairly simple "Update Firefox" policy that's running right now, and I'm getting a ton of "Error: Package not successfully downloaded: 60" messages with a few successful deployments sprinkled in. I've tried downloading the package via the sam...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manually mounting SMB home directory

We have an environment where many people have laptops and almost never connect using a wire. Because of this the mounted SMB home directory falls off and don't get mounted again because its a login script for AD. I'd like to provide the users with a ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Office 2011 - Spell Check not working

So I followed the guide about how to package Office 2011 and use templates and all that stuff from http://www.officeformachelp.com/office/administration/deployment/casper/ However a few users have complained that their spell checker is not functional...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing 802.1x profiles at imaging

This summer we are switching our wireless network over to 802.1x that requires a certificate to connect. I am wondering if anyone out there has a way that I can push out a wireless profile to these machines at imaging time. We have a bunch of Macbook...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging issue when NetBooted

I'm trying to set up a NetBoot imaging environment to boot machines to for re-imaging with Casper Imaging. My NetBoot set works successfully, following the guidelines provided in the JAMF KB. It boots, logs in as root, and auto-launches Casper Imagin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch Lync after install policy

Hello, I'm using LyncSetup 1.2 (http://www.officeformachelp.com/lync/administration/setup-script/) to deploy Microsoft Lync, and at the end of the policy, I'd like to have the application open as the user. I'm using this script (modified for Lync): #...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Final Cut Studio 3 and Lion 10.7.4

I know that there are SEVERAL topics out there already, and I've read all that I can find, but I still can't get Final Cut Studio to package correctly. I have tried doing both the Normal Snapshot and the New and Modified Snapshot when installing from...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

For now we want to stop all SUS updates

When a user run Software Update... we don't want them to get any updates, from Apple or from our internal SUS. Our OS X Server has Software Update Enabled and updates are copied to the Server, but they are not auto enabled. On the JSS side we have a ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging lockout screen not working in 10.7.4

We just got some new macbook air and are expecting some macbook pros as well. The image I have for our current users is 10.7.3. So I got the combo update and added it to the image that got things to 10.7.4. Everything in this case was fine on the old...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create mobile home at initial login?

So, here's my setup: I have 10.6 and 10.7 clients (MacBooks), enrolled in JSS, managed using MCX preferences. I want to maintain my existing Open Directory server for user authentication. I want a new user to log in for the first time on his/her fres...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion and Restricted Software

Is anyone else having trouble with the restricted software list in Lion? I'm running JSS 8.52. I'm trying to block the App Store. I removed all MCX settings for testing purposes to see if that was conflicting, but it still does not work. I'm banging ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS6 permission problems?

I have created a new CS6 package to deploy via Casper Imaging, and Self Service. I've followed Jamf's white paper and made sure to disable AIR, and ignore conflicts. I'm getting some kind of weird permission problem with the package I create. If I do...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors