Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

flat packages again

Everyone, What is the case with flat packages and the instaDMG support in Casper Admin 7.x? I went to www.afp548.com to find some answers on it and I got people telling me they are using the newest version of instaDMG and are able to compile 10.5.8 a...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer - Updating Diffs

Hi- I've been trying to download the latest diffs within the Composer app and keep hitting an error 7. Anyone ever run into this? Thanksj --Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services DepartmentMIT Lincoln Laboratory244 Wood...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer - symlinks

Composer 7.x seems to turn symlinks into the file they point at. Is this a bug or a feature? ISTR that 6.x correctly stored symlinks. -- David X. GloverDepartment of PhysicsUniversity of Oxfordhttp://www.physics.ox.ac.uk/  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installation language for CS4 deployments

Hi guys I'm having problems with the location code in my CS4 package. I have the International English and Universal English serial numbers, but en_US and en_GB don't work... Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks The Ogilvy Group (Hold...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checkpoint Encryption Extended Atribute

I have enabled this extended attribute and it does not appear to be working. Has anyone else been able to get this one to work? Paul Austin End User Computing Wells Fargo Corporation  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Newbie

Hi We are in the process of going with Casper for our Mac deployments and waswondering if anyone could answer the following? What services are required on the Mac OSX Server is it just AFP? We have a FreeBSD Based DHCP Server are we required to add t...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup - some suggestions requested

Hi, In our environment the Macs play second fiddle to Windows and Unix. Currently we are using a combination of Symantec PureDisk and NetBackup tobackup Unix and Windows servers. PureDisk does not work so well on the Macplatform in my testing... I'm ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hide builds from menu

We have several builds we want to hide from our deployment team toreduce confusion, mostly old configuration (10.4.x), test configs, etcIs there a way to hide them so they don't see them w/o us actuallydeleting them? John Wojda Lead Systems Engineer,...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Warranty Info

Is there a way to get the JSS to poll against Apple's hardware warrantysite and look up the info w/o having a GSX account? John Wojda Lead Systems Engineer, CTS 3333 Beverly Rd. B2-338B Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 Phone: (847)286-7855 SMS / Text Page: ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kace?

Hey Folks- Just curious... if anyone's company/school is using the Dell's Kace (K-box) solution? We just got approved for the whole schebang. Servers are racked and we started to configure them. So far so good. During proposal time, I had to take a l...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Updates

2 questions: 1) Can I set the client configs so they look to Casper for Apple Software Updates internally but also can get external updates from Apple Servers if they are away from campus with their laptops? I have Casper delivering ASUS internally a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wiki [was: Imaging Workflow]

Hi, On 30.04.2010, at 18:35, Thomas Larkin wrote: Maybe JAMF could operate a wiki where users of their software could contribute and share their work? Best regards,Marko  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging workflow

Hello All. I'm new to the casper suite and am realizing that it would be great to see/hear some real word examples how some of you are handling it's use. It's a great framework, but gives you a lot of "ways to skin the cat". Unfortunately it's one of...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

7.2 Update and Connecting to External MySql DB

Hello, I worked this out today with the help of Eric at JAMF Support. We have ourmysql database located on a rhel5 mysql server rather than locally on theJSS. With the 7.2.1 update, the layout of the Tomcat webapp directorychanged quite a bit, and th...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

printer policy...

Hi, I have some Self Service policies that map printers that we're suddenlyexperiencing issues with. Users will launch a printer policy and either aprinter will replace another one or printers simply won't map despitebeing in the policy. We haven't u...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Diskless netboot not really diskless

I had run into an issue where in Snow Leopard server when netbooting eventhough the image is set to diskless it would not unmount the hard drive.This would not let a compiled image to be installed, it would revert backand install package by package. ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copying Windows 7 image from Altiris to BootCamp partition

I have a Windows 7 image that is being used to deploy to PC's with Altiris. I'm looking for a way to get that image onto my iMac's bootcamp partition so I can use WinClone to make an image that I can deploy with Casper Suite. Does anyone know if this...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

-Unmanaged- issue

After using Casper Imaging and the target machine reboots, it uploads it's inventory however the machine is failing to update who it's managed by. In the system log I'm seeing "Checking for Computer Level Managed Preferences from server....There is a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

WWDC 2010 Dates Posted

Hey Everyone,Apple posted the dates and registration for WWDC 2010 tonight! If you haven't gone before and you administer a lot of macs, I think it's a great conference with a HUGE amount of information. I love it because of both the IT tracks and I ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash 10.0.2 updater = Adobe error 30

Anyone ever have any success deploying this via Casper 7.21? I receive the same error on each client. Downloaded a fresh copy and tried this on a client's JSS/their machines, same error. Manually launch the .dmg or download via Adobe Updater6 and it ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New build numbers for new Mid 2010 models

Apple has updated their build numbers list to indicate which build of 10.6.3is shipped with the new MacBook Pro's.http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1159 Based on the numbers, if you build a new 10.6.3 image off of a mid 201013-inch MacBook Pro, it will p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

i5/7-baed MBPs

Hi- Anyone running into problems turning the OS disk that comes with the i5/7 MBPs into a Mac OS X installer? I keep getting an error. Do you have to do it on that hardware? j --Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services De...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Utility Issue / Tomcat...followup

Thanks for everyone who responded with suggestions. Ended up calling support and found out I had a corrupt Tomcat .xml file.Once fixed Tomcat fired right up. Thanks, again! -- Jim FryeDistrict Technology CoordinatorUpper Sandusky E.V. SchoolsUpper Sa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP logins after updating to 10.6.3 server

Hi- Just thought I'd share some frustration… After updating to 10.6.3 on the server my LDAP logins stopped working. Casper authenticates and pulls LDAP info from our eDirectory which uses SSL for communication, much like Active Directory. 10.6.3 serv...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to poll graphics chipset

Hi- I just whipped up a little script to poll the graphics chipset and lay down a dummy package for it. Not sure if anyone will find it useful, but what the heck, here ya go. j Contents: #!/bin/sh # This script will poll for the graphics card chipset...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Utility Issue / Tomcat

JSS Setup Utility 7.2 on an Apple XServe running 10.6.2 OS. When I launch the JSS app and then authenticate, the "Web Application" has ared dot with Tomcat not running. When I click on "Start Tomcat" the appstates "Starting Tomcat" but never complete...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors