Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

WWDC 2010 Dates Posted

Hey Everyone,Apple posted the dates and registration for WWDC 2010 tonight! If you haven't gone before and you administer a lot of macs, I think it's a great conference with a HUGE amount of information. I love it because of both the IT tracks and I ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash 10.0.2 updater = Adobe error 30

Anyone ever have any success deploying this via Casper 7.21? I receive the same error on each client. Downloaded a fresh copy and tried this on a client's JSS/their machines, same error. Manually launch the .dmg or download via Adobe Updater6 and it ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New build numbers for new Mid 2010 models

Apple has updated their build numbers list to indicate which build of 10.6.3is shipped with the new MacBook Pro's.http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1159 Based on the numbers, if you build a new 10.6.3 image off of a mid 201013-inch MacBook Pro, it will p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

i5/7-baed MBPs

Hi- Anyone running into problems turning the OS disk that comes with the i5/7 MBPs into a Mac OS X installer? I keep getting an error. Do you have to do it on that hardware? j --Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer, Client ServicesInformation Services De...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Utility Issue / Tomcat...followup

Thanks for everyone who responded with suggestions. Ended up calling support and found out I had a corrupt Tomcat .xml file.Once fixed Tomcat fired right up. Thanks, again! -- Jim FryeDistrict Technology CoordinatorUpper Sandusky E.V. SchoolsUpper Sa...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP logins after updating to 10.6.3 server

Hi- Just thought I'd share some frustration… After updating to 10.6.3 on the server my LDAP logins stopped working. Casper authenticates and pulls LDAP info from our eDirectory which uses SSL for communication, much like Active Directory. 10.6.3 serv...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to poll graphics chipset

Hi- I just whipped up a little script to poll the graphics chipset and lay down a dummy package for it. Not sure if anyone will find it useful, but what the heck, here ya go. j Contents: #!/bin/sh # This script will poll for the graphics card chipset...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Utility Issue / Tomcat

JSS Setup Utility 7.2 on an Apple XServe running 10.6.2 OS. When I launch the JSS app and then authenticate, the "Web Application" has ared dot with Tomcat not running. When I click on "Start Tomcat" the appstates "Starting Tomcat" but never complete...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS on Parallels Server

is it a good or bad practice setting up a jss on parallels server or vm ware virtual machine? can anyone share their experiences? thanks! cv  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding wireless networks

Hi, I have a hidden ssid on my network and I would like to add it to the top of the network list of my clients. Can Casper do this? I can't see where to add it to a policy. Best wishes Michael  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guide to image creation

I would like to query the community on a definitive guide to building Mac OS X images and perhaps how JAMF can make that process easier. I believe I can easily toss packages unto the backend of images but I am looking for the process that precedes th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration issues?

Hello all. I'm new to the list and new to the Casper suite. I'm having issues with casper remote after migrating the server to a new machine, but same hostname/IP (just a fresh install on the server that we used for the initial setup). The history is...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

imaging feature request

Hello everyone, I would like a way to reset all policy history for a machine when it is reimaged. That way, all run once policies for that asset will be flushed and will run once again once a user logs in. It would be really cool also flag a machine ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootcamp Xp and 10.6.3

I have had solid performance with 10.6.2 with Bootcamp Xp and Bootpicker in labs for quite awhile. It seems like the 10.6.3 update breaks something... At login the computer want starts to go to the OS but loops back to Bootpicker. Any ideas? Tim  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Air hanging CS4 Install

Having a problem with deploying CS4 that I can't crack. At timesduring the install, whether deployed with Casper Remote or imaging, Iget one of two error messages. If Adobe Air is not installed, I get an error saying that Adobe Air isrequired for thi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot Server Not NetBooting

In the last two days I've run into a peculiar problem that I can't seem tonail down. I have several brand new in the box machines I need to image. Ipull a machine, 27" iMac in this case, out of the box, connect the network,power, keyboard, and power ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Messenger 7

The hospital in implementing Microsoft Office communicator server. We are preparing to roll out messenger 7 to all our Mac clients, and Microsoft communicator to the windows clients. There are several settings that are being disabled on the windows s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS4 Install During Imaging

I decided to take another stab at refining my imaging process and puttingCS4 back in the mix. I have CS4 Design Premium added to the JSS as an Adobeimage. No problem there. However, when imaging a computer, at first rebootthe computer never logs into...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Safari to Run in 32bit Mode in Snow Leopard

I've been testing my Snow Leopard configuration to make sure there are nohiccups migrating all of our machines this summer and have discovered onepotential problem. There is a piece of math software that runs in a webbrowser and requires shockwave. B...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

List all network user profiles

We are having some wireless networking issues. I need a way to look for a specific userprofile and delete it if it exists. I tried using networksetup –listalluserprofiles, but the profiles are user specific, not computer specific. When I try this thr...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Leopard and i5 / i7 Macs

Does anyone know if the new core i5/i7 Macs are capable of running Leopard? We've got a few on order and our current Enterprise build is 10.5.8. I'm assuming the recently large 10.6.3 added support and since there hasn't been a 10.5.9 release to acco...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

SophosAV post-install issues

When a new user logs in to a system (10.6.3) that is freshly imaged, they're being presented with a window asking for the location of "System Events". This seems to be related to SophosAV. I know several people on this list are using Sophos, and I wa...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging and Partitions

What kinds of partitions do you use when you are imaging your macs? For instance, do you have one big partition, or do you have a separate partition for user data? Do you have a restore partition? If you use different partitions, how big do you usual...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping lastuser to user

Hey guys I am looking for a way to map the 'lastuser' extension attribute to the 'user' field so I can see the names of users I am trying to add to groups. Alternatively change the view when editing computer groups to show the lastuser field as a col...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco VPN Certs

Has anyone out there created a process to deliver new .pfx files for CiscoVPN? If so, are you willing to share it? The process I see is:1. place the individualized certs on a share2. policy runs where script finds system name3. (policy continues) imp...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firewire Drive - JSS Replication

Good Folks, A question for you all out there in the Casper land.We are preparing and expansion that involves remote offices in other countries and have identified JSS Replication on an external drive as a solution to get us off the ground. Down the r...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Safari Bookmarks?

I hope I'm not missing something totally obvious, but I can't find where to set up pre-configured Safari bookmarks. We deploy (with our current monolithic image) a standard set of Safari bookmarks for users, and I would like to migrate that customiza...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors