Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Help rolling out Filemaker Pro Update

Hey Everyone!Currently the macs in my environment have FM Pro v 18.0.3 and I am trying to upgrade them to 19.4.2.I tried deploying the update pkg on my test machine but got an error. I tried the pkg for v 19.1.2 and got the same error again, this one...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Utility Catalina Webex

@michal_matoga, trying to set up, Cisco Webex meetings Screen Recording for Catalina using PPPC. But when you select, Let standard users approve, it turns on the Big Sur Compatibility button which gives an error as stated on Catalina.Am I missing som...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to change user Folder permissions using Jamf?

Hello, Sorry for the really basic question, I'm new hereI need to create a policy to give users read/write permissions to the following folder:/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/RecommendedIt won't be for 1 specific user, so I'd like ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zoom Rooms Going Offline

Hey all! This is my first post to the Jamf forums, so I apologize if I am not following the forum etiquette in some way.At my business we have set up Zoom Rooms with M1 Mac Minis that are scheduled to reboot every Monday at around 3-5am. Once they re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles Restrictions

HiI have a bunch of Lab Macs that were running with a Configuration Profile with Restrctions set up on them.Up until now everything worked just fine.Now however, There is nothing I can do. The profile is set to be excluded for my Administrator accoun...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf license

Hey All I have a few macs with broken screen. We need to decommission them. How do I release the jamf license from the old macs?Some of the macs have had a physical wipe so they arnt connected to jamf any more.Thanks for the help!!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detect whether BitDefender is installed

I have a policy that installs BitDefender as per their documentation.We think that this is working correctly but have had a some cases of 'false positives' So I was thinking about creating a Smart Group by using an Extension Attribute that runs the f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some Files Will Not Download

We have Jamf Pro 10.34 hosted on-premises. We have a single server and a single SMB share, running on Windows Server.We have some files that cannot be downloaded. In Self Service, it says the file cannot be found, but it is there when we check the sh...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Digital Signage

We are looking into Digital Signage but we have an immediate need to be able to display a welcome type message on an AppleTV while offline. So if there a way to configure an AppleTV while online then have it display some type of custom welcome messag...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

IKEv2 VPN for macOS

Does anyone have any experience with configuring IKEv2 for macOS? For our Windows devices we have a working infrastructure for MS AOVPN which uses the IKEv2 protocol. I was hoping since IKEv2 was also an option in macOS that we would be able to use t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Keystone plist payload

I have an environment where we are deploying Chrome Enterprise, not enrolled in CBCM, and we need to enforce the RelaunchNotification Chrome policy. I have the following plist for you viewing pleasure: updatePolicies global UpdateDefault 0 com....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recurring check-in vs sudo Jamf recon

We have a Catalina upgrade script that allow users to defer the installation for 1, 2, and 3 hours, checks for free space on the HD and for computer power status (skips laptops not plugged in to PS and systems with less than 20GB usable space). Polic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Full Disk Access

Hi All,Just wondering if there is way that i easily read the info in the MDMOverrides.plistIm looking to see if i can run a check via bash to look in this file and full our systems that have Full Disk Access ..Any suggestions are welcome .. Rk  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.37.0 Beta 2 Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We’re extremely pleased to announce that App Installers are available to test in Jamf Pro 10.37.0 Beta 1. We know you’re excited for this, and we’re so excited to make it available! This release also contains other awesome improvement...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Require Auth during DEP enrollment + Jamf Connect

Hi All,Just looking for some feedback or insight in how other company's are using JAMF connect + DEP workflow?There is a setting for 'Requiring Auth" is this required when the JAMF connect workflow is in place? Should i just have jamf connect handlin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show update/ upgrade progress bar in serf service ?

I created a policy to update/upgrade the mac from the selfservice. "/Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --agreetolicense --nointeraction --forcequitapps" Is there a way to show a progress bar when users click ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleScript and TCC Prompts

Good evening everyone, I'm using dockutil 2.0.5 in combination with the following script:#!/bin/bash # --------------------------------------------------------- # Set all Variables # --------------------------------------------------------- #----- Ge...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 7.18.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 7.27.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 7.34.40 PM.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Chrome Web App on Dock

I saw an old post tried to resolve the issue, but unfortunately no solution was provided.My organization is based on Google Workspace, and we have to use Gmail, Google Calendar and Chat for work, so I have to manually set up the app shortcut for each...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Application keeps uninstalling

Hi all,Hoping someone might have some ideas on this. We have a VPP application "Paprika Recipe Manager" that keeps uninstalling itself. When users go to open the application if they haven't opened it for a number of days it will still appear to be in...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newly enrolled machine, local password not syncing

To sum it up, we are transferring machines from another MDM to JAMF. I created a recon file with an uninstall script to remove the old profile and add ours. Once JAMF is added and the policies are applied, on login it requires our network account. Ho...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Jamf Pro Webapp display name?

Is there a way to set the display name for the Jamf Pro Webapp? Right now it shows the IP address of our secondary server and localhost for the primary. Ideally I would like to change these to the FQDN of the servers. Thanks!  View more

Snuffleupagus_1-1645052581786.png
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro Support Page 404

Hi everyone, I might be missing something simple here, clicking on start a support page; Ends up with;https://account.jamf.com/support/case/createDoes anyone know how to reach Jamf support at the moment?  View more

Bol_2-1645051481448.png Bol_1-1645051326503.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors