Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro.Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixes the following product issue:[PI110938] Jamf Pro no longer sends looping InstallProfile MDM commands to computers in the scope of automated deployments for Jamf Protect.Fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Update 31 January 2023: Today we released 10.43.1. Full details, including the Cloud Upgrade schedule, are posted here. Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The proces...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Allow ALL USERS to update osx

Hey i am having some trouble with updates to OSX. A previous admin had deployed a script to defer upgrades, but while speaking with JAMF support this morning, we think it might be causing a wireless profile problem. So i have disabled the script now....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect 2.3 Enabling Notify

I just got set up with Jamf Connect and I'm working on getting Notify set up. The documentation says the following command needs to be executed: /usr/local/bin/authchanger -reset -JamfConnect -Notify Where do I put this command so that it gets execut...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch policy fails to download: -1001

I'm trying to run a patch policy to install a security update available in self service to a group of machines but all machines are coming back with the same errors in the logs: Checking for patch ID 17Executing Patch Policy macOS Mojave Error: Packa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Renew Filevault key script failing

Hi,I'm using this script and I've tested on a VM 10.15.7 and it works perfectly. I'm getting loads of these errors with users on the same MacOS version now that I've gone live. Any ideas what's making it fail? If I publish it in the self support port...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Install IKEv2 with Self Service

Hello Everyone, I am attempting to figure out what is causing issues with my testing deployment of our IKEv2 VPN Profile. I am trying to deploy a User Level installation of an IKEv2 VPN profile in JAMF Self Service. I have it all configured in the JA...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect auto update

based on official documentation: When a new version of Jamf Connect is available, you can upload the new PKG version to Jamf Pro and use a policy to deploy it to target computers. Does anyone have an ingenious way to auto update Jamf Connect or is ev...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Defer Updates Configuration Profile

Hey All,I sent out a defer app and software updates configuration profile but now want to white list a few users to test the programs i had to update to work on Big Sur. How do i allow the updates again to certain users. I ahve added the users I sele...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit student sign-ons to single domain.

I have not been able to find good information on this to know if it is even possible. Our district is having issues with kids signing on to personal Google accounts and then setting up Meets and various other mischief. Is there a way to limit the sig...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect / Google IdP / FileVault?

Hello,I work in a K-8 school district and we use Jamf Connect with Google as the IdP. We are starting to look at the new M1 MacBook Airs since that's what is now available (these will even be our first USB-C MacBook Airs) and have come to find that t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

manage encryption keys

since dell ddpe is not available for big sur, how do we manage and store the filevault encrpytion keys to jamf ? we used ddpe to store the keys and to handle USB encryption with windows formatted usb drives.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Panda Adaptive Defense 360

Hi All! I need to install Panda Adaptive Defense 360 on over 100 devices. I tried following their guide here: https://www.pandasecurity.com/en/support/card?id=700100# but to no avail (old guide?). Creating the package went well, uploading to Jamf Pro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Temporarily Enable USB for help desk support

We use the JAMF capability to disable the external USB write capability - the user can load and read, but not write - similar to here => https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/30979/disable-usb-storage-access However, when a deskside technician...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade Jamf Pro On-Prem

Hey, we are just upgrading an on-prem Jamf Pro instance from version 10.7.1 to newest Version. We follow: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/647/incremental-upgrade-scenarios-for-jamf-pro-10-0-0-or-later After Upgrading Java to version 11 and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.29.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 10.29.0 beta contains many new features, fixes, and enhancements that we are excited to share with you! Download/Download and Install Updates: This remote command for computers has been enhanced to make macOS updates mor...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Script using credentials fails via Self Service

I have a script to uninstall Zscaler that I want to run before upgrading an OS. When I run the script locally or via any policy not triggered by Self Service, it works. Even if I have a Self Service policy call a separate policy via a custom trigger....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec SEP Finish Setup - You are at risk!

Hello all, we are installing SEP on our Macs and we recently started getting these notifications at the bottom right corner and it says "YOU ARE AT RISK - FINISH SETUP". https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/198559 Symantec has a fix/workar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy ADCS Connect Profile.

Today we are deploying AD machine certificate through the Configuration Profile paylod - "AD Certificate". It has worked fine through the years, until Big Sur arrived and broke the "Enable Automatic renewal". We decided to move on with Jamf ADCS Conn...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs won't load unless on wifi

Hello. I just finished enrolling 42 MacBooks (40 M1 MB Airs) and (2 MB Pros). We use Apple School Manager and DEP. After taking way too much time to configure them since DEP would hang, they're finally done, at the school, but now when they're turned...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

TeamViewer Assignment not working reliable

Hey, I have a problem with my TeamViewer Installation script.The download and installation part works great, but the assignment isnt working reliable.I have followed the steps from here: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/50739-mass...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Private account

Is there a way to disable private accounts such as google drive, one drive, etc. to do not allow the users to transfer any item from the local computer into their own cloud drives?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF 400 course

Hi All, Im thinking about taking the JAMF 400 course but I have heard its pretty tough and requires as high level of scripting .. is this true?how have other found it? RK  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Interactive install of Big Sur for non-admins

I'm currently testing how to let users install Big Sur via VPP (and made available in Self Service), with the catch being that the users are not admins. Right now, it prompts the user to enter admin credentials which won't work and I've tried deployi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute - Location Services Big Sur

I found this script for collection whether Location Services is enabled, but it's for OSX. I'm super new to Macs as well as scripting, so I'm wondering what would need to be updated to get it working for Big Sur. Location Servicesstring#!/bin/bash u...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying pkg with curl

Hello everyone, I would like to know if it is possible to deploy pkg from a url. The reason I'm asking is because the linked url contains a version of the pkg that automatically logs in our agent. If I simply download the pkg of the agent and store i...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors