Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The process for registering computers with Microsoft Intune has been improved in the following ways: • The process name of the age...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

PAC Proxy no longer blocking when off-network

We have been using "Automatic Proxy Configuration" in our network settings for years, and until recently if you weren't on the internal network or VPN, you you couldn't get to anything. Recently, we've noticed that when you're off the network then yo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute not pulling back data

Hi! I have this EA but i am sure that it is not pulling back the data for all of the machines that we have. #!/bin/sh Application="/Applications/PCClient.app" if [ -e "$Application" ]; then lastOpen=`mdls "$Application" -name kMDItemLastUsedDate | aw...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

License Inventory

Looking for a way to free up license of devices that have not reported in the last 365 days. BUT.. I don't want to lose management of those devices in case they come back online.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Workflow

Hello folks. Sorry for dredging up Filevault processes again, but I'm sort of in a muddle. Our situation/requirements are currently thus (for intel and M1 Macbooks): The Macbooks are bound to AD Once domain-joined, the Macbook owner will have a non-a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS Big Sur unlock WiFi

How can I allow my Teacher's ( Standard User) to delete their own preferred network AP's without the computer asking for Admin Credentials? I have the padlock unlocked but when making a change it still asks for admin rights. I have used these command...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory, without Enrollment?

In our environment, we use ServiceNow for asset management and Jamf for tracking devices that are enrolled. Is there a way of keeping inventory of apple devices in JAMF without having them enrolled and taking away from the JAMF license count or is it...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Integrating Jamf with Azure as iDP

We recently had our cloud instance upgraded to 10.27. Needless to say I jumped right on board with integrating our Jamf instance with our Azure AD cloud and turned on SSO in Jamf. The Jamf Pro Azure AD Connector was created as an Enterprise app on th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft AD to Jamf Cloud

Hello, I understand there are alot of questions regarding AD integration and ive read most of them, But ive got a couple of questions still not answered. Im looking actually to simplify account creation, where we dont need to create accounts and tag ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accessing an older version of jamf

We are having a problem where an app is showing as 'not available in app store' even though it is. We have never had this problem in a previous update. Is anybody else having this problem, and are we able to get a previous version of jamf to work on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking for guidance/advice

This may be a tall order, but I am part of a team with an ongoing project to audit all the devices in our business unit (around 15K). Currently, this is being handled by downloading reports of each site in JAMF and using Excel formulas and pivot tabl...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating VPN config script/etc

Hi guys. I need to configure VPN via the macOS VP client. Each user has a unique VPN login, can anyone assist me with a script or something which will allow zero-touch config of a devices VPN details - user/password/shared secret etc. Never done this...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Problems on our JAMF Pro

Hey Guys, yesterday we changed our password policy in our environment.Today nobody can connect to our jamf Pro... Are there any Log Files on our jss server where i can find a Solution?We have Windows Server 2019. Thank you!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP Printer Drivers

I have searched for a discussion about this and not find this problem, so I am raising a new twist on and old issue. I am trying to advertise some printers in Self Service and cannot get the drivers. I have uploaded the ppd files and I have policies ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Remote Power for Mac Mini's

We have about 60 Mac Minis (2018/2020) in our datacenter. They are using "Sonnet RackMac Mini 2018 rack mounting chassis" which has a button on the front that actuates the power button to the Mini on the Back. This is fine when we go in to the datace...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zero Touch / DEP process for Migration

When you use migration assistant, I can get DEP to go through on the new device but after the migration, it seems to lose connection to Jamf Pro instance. I always need to manually re-enroll using jamf enroll -prompt command to "re-enroll" the new de...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome connection issues with Big Sur

Hey everyone, I've started getting reports from some of my users that they experience lag and connection interruptions with Chrome ever since upgrading to Big Sur. It's half a dozen users all experiencing the same thing, all of them updated to 11.2.2...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Cloud Central (10.0.4) for macOS

Hello, unfortunately there is no current script that still works to roll out Sophos. I have made several attempts to get Sophos onto the Macs (I use Big Sur) via Self Service and Auto Deploy. Current approach does not work. Packed the Sophos installe...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict websites

I am looking for a way to restrict websites with jamf pro I have tried the parental control configuration profile, but does only seem to apply for safari, as chrome etc work fine even the configuration profile is there. And with the configuration pro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Script to delete Outlook and Teams cache

I need some help and guidance with the cleanup of the Outlook and Teams caching. Sometimes it is needed to delete those. So i made a script and want to publish is througt the selfservice App. So if our servicedesk advices someone to delete the cache,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Disk Usage Smart Groups

With the changes to macOS in the last two versions. I'm wondering how people are monitoring disk utilization. The Smart Group offering of Criteria "Boot Drive Percentage Full" isn't giving real results. I show only 3 folks with over 67% full. However...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 3 kudos

Pulse Secure and Split tunnel VPN question

Hi everyone, Like many of us, I am have been tasked with building out our Jamf pro environment, and am looking for a little help regarding split tunnel VPN. Using Jamf Pro 10.26.1 on Server 2012R2, we currently have Pulse Secure v. 9.1.8 installed on...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors