Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Microsoft 365 SMTP Server Settings

Hi, I've tried all the options to connect our 365 account but nothing seems to be working, can anyone advise?Current settings..Server And Port Hostname or IP address: smtp.office365.comPort number of the SMTP server: 587Encryption Protocol to use for...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Shared iPads

Happy Monday!I have some Shared iPads that are currently running 15.0. I am trying to run software updates on this iPads and can't seem to get them to update. They are:1.) Logged out of any active user sessions.2.) Connected to Wifi.3.) Plugged into ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Pro Rollout on prior owned devices

I just started at an ORG and we have a bunch of iPads that were bought last year that are in storage. I was just tasked with starting this project as they bought JAMF Pro but haven't configured it yet. The iPads were not bought via Apple Business man...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove login window banner text

Ok, this is driving me crazy.I migrated an enrolled computer to a new, not enrolled one. On the enrolled computer, there was a profile defining a custom message below the login fields. When I migrated, even if no profile is on the machine, this text ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to add keyboard layout and set it as default

Hi,Our company is located in Estonia and on pre-stage enrolment in region setting we choose Estonia. This sets only Estonian keyboard layout, but our main corporate language is English. Can somebody help me with a script to add English keyboard layou...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reset account options

Hi AllMy first post, please excuse my knoweldge in Jamf, hardly been playing with it for a month.Ive started supporting an existing Jamf implementation and have a couple of requests to reset passwords on Macs where users have left the Org. I thought ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfHelper... keep window open while process running

i have a script that runs software update via JamfHelper, however I cannot get the actual software update command (via API) to run untiless the JamfHelper window is quit. Anyone know how to run a process while still keeping the JamfHelper window open...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Naming Convention : DEP / Self Initiated

Hello,1) We want to name our Macbooks based on below criteria: Prefix + 5 digits 00001 --> 99999.No duplicate should be created.Process should be silent or at least automated.2) We want as well to rename already enrolled computers using same criteria...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Recon Broken? Here is a fix!

After some research, it seems that Jamf recon is getting hung up on locating hardware which is because this setting is enabled.Collect available software updatesThere seems to be a Jamf PI issue on this.We have two workarounds.Run this command before...  View more

2022-02-25_00-33-55.png
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos

Teamviewer Host: Silent Deployment

Hi, New to Scripting still but trying to learn.My goal is to deploy around 15 Mac Mini within a course of about 2 weeks. My goal is to try to create a policy and/or configuration profile if I can do Teamviewer Host in a silent install without "any in...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates

What's the official statement from JAMF about Software Updates? With 12.2, our Mac mini M1s are refusing to update when performed by:-+ command line softwareupdate with or without sudo+ not working with running the full installer with sudo and piping...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 4 kudos

Pre stage deployment

In my environment that I inherited. The pre-stage deployment shows Macs that are in Apple Business. But it hasn't been enrolling any of the new Macs? Can someone help me with this? It is really frustrating as we role out M1's  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copying a plist file with printer settings in it.

We are using Canon MFDs with Uniflow as the print server. There are a couple of settings that need to be saved in the default print profile that the factory defaults cause issues (A4 paper, 2-sided printing).I use the CUPS interface to change the set...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook for iOS - automatically enable Contact Sync?

I am hoping to help my IT Department roll out JAMF in the next week or two (and for the users to be able to set up devices for themselves as much as possible).One enourmous hurdle for our users will be the fact Outlook Contact sync has be enabled man...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Patch Management Titles Not Up-to-date

I have been using JAMF Pro's Patch Management Functionality for Many years, however the last few weeks I have found that the Patch titles from JAMF aren't always up to date like they used to be. JAMF Patch titles for the office suite show the latest ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

DEP enrollment doesnt work

We are using apple business manager in my organazation. Our jamf pro sync with azure ad , when we try to enroll a new mac os device its ask e-mail password but does not the accept . Because of that we cant pass this step and couldnt open the device.  View more

Halil_0-1645686177455.png
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn on ipad wifi in jamf

Hi,We have ipads that have both wifi and data and due to security issues,we've disabled or turned off wifi on them manually and sent them out. Nowwe want to turn on wifi ; is it possible to do this remotely via jamfwithout telling the ipad users how ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bluetooth Device Management - Restrict/Allow

Hi All!Prior to my current role, Bluetooth restrictions seemed to be all or nothing. Either users were free to connect to various Keyboards, Mice and Headsets or not at all.Now I have a mandate to allow specific, vendor approved Keyboards, Mice and H...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors