Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

IdP Change ADFS to Azure AD

We are looking to change our existing ADFS SSO Configuration to Azure AD SSOIs there anything not mentioned in the Microsoft and JAMF guides that could help prevent any issues once we make the change?I have found these guides from JAMF and Microsofth...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PPPC Error

Hello, First time posting here! We are trying to roll out Jamf in an enterprise environment and I am seeing some PPPC configuration errors in the Management console for users. When we initially configured this we only added Sophos strings to the "App...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange login issue with Okta and Self Service

I wanted to see if anyone else has or is experiencing this, we have a jamf cloud hosted instance. So far jamf support has been unable to determine the cause of the issue. When signing into Self Service, which uses Okta for us, instead of going into S...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.01.43 AM.png
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermitent Rosetta install failures

I have a Policy set to run first after Macs enroll in JamfPro that only contains the following in "Files and Processes"softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-licenseAnd for the most part it works great. The problem is that I have seen a lot of M...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

Tomcat SSL Certificate Expiring in X days

Hi all,We have four Jamf Pro servers (on premise) configured behind a reverse proxy. The proxy has an SSL and we configured it to terminate SSL and I reflected those changes in the Apache Tomcat Settings.The proxy has trusted 3rd party certificate ho...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

factory resets Iphones

Hi all!We have been having a very strange problem for a while, the iphones without touching the buttons or starting the recovery mode are formatted from the factory. It does not happen to us in all the iphones devices that we have in Jamf but we have...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Business Manager

I need some advice here but may be impossible...We've been using JAMF as a company for some time to manage Macs but today we had our first request for an iPad.So, I built out a prestage enrolment for iOS devices and asked my colleague to order the iP...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Extensions

Hey,Im learning about system extensions and trying to manage a certain system extension from Avid NEXIS. I have this config profile in Jamf. Iv'e double checked that the team identifier is correct.  And I get this message when I log into the machine ...  View more

avid.png nexis.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed application strange behaviour

Hi, hope all are well!Reaching out as after some advice really.I have recently implemented Chrome as a 'Mac App' Using Jamf Pro Catalogue.For the most part this seems to work ok, however I am experiencing some strange behaviour.On new Pre Stage enrol...  View more

Chrome.PNG
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migration Assistant kicks back to Login screen

Just started using Jamf Pro and Connect. In anticipation of upgrading some users from existing non-Jamf Macs to new Jamf Macs, I tried a migration assistant test on a few brand new MacBook Air M2's. On the source Mac, migration assistant sits on a "s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SAP SuccessFactors App for iPad

Hello All, I'm having a issue with deploying the SuccessFactors iPad app to a set of managed devices. At first everything worked great during the POC, app was deployed to the devices. Users could open the app and sign in through Azure Auth and get ac...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

To Use Composer or Not?

We were shown how to use Composer to package applications from DMGs when we purchased Jamf Pro. You install the app to Applications via the DMG. Then you copy the app to Composer and supposed to change the perms to 'root' & 'wheel' and 'Apply Owner a...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Retiring Equipment

Just looking to ensure I'm covering my bases here. We have a lab of old iMacs that we are retiring as we are replacing them all with M1 iMacs.My current process is to run a fresh install policy that includes the --eraseinstall option to wipe the mach...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud restore

I have a user that made an iCloud backup before wiping his iPhone 12 and reinstalling it. During the following setup the device was enrolled into Jamf (DEP + prestage). He also restored the iCloud backup and everything seemed to work ok. I can see it...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unencrypt filevault is not getting renabled by JAMF

I am doing FileVault policy testing, as part of my testing i did following but not working as expected.1) I configured Disk Encryption Policy with in JAMF and set the scope for our test devices --> Worked great.2) As part of my negative testing, i tu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selective Replication to JAMF Cloud DP

I need to replicate a single file to our Cloud DP. I see there is a "specific files" option which check boxes next to [all] items (with no way to uncheck all btw). If I uncheck everything except that one pkg will replication remove the unchecked item...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How Can I Import Outlook MSG to Apple Mail?

This blog is for import Outlook MSG files into the Apple Mail program. However, no program offers a direct way to accomplish the same thing. But we'll break it down into two manageable halves, which are as follows:MSG files are converted to MBOX file...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thaws a Deep Freeze Partition and software update

Hi all,We are using deep freeze to protect the Mac and now start to use Jamf Pro to manage our Mac. We found a issue is how to thaws the deep freeze partition and run Software update , after that freeze it again.I want to try thawTargetPartition.sh ,...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS updated for user to install later

Hello Jamf Nation! I am trying to update all of our Macbook OS to the latest version. We run a 24/7 operation so I don`t have a set time that I can push this out and not disrupt our business. So I send a remote mass command to a saved search with all...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

what does Jamd software log?

I recently started a new job where the company had me install Jamf on a brand new MacBook and I am wondering what exactly hand logs, more precisely, if the websites I go to, how much time I spend on those, what softwares I download (if I download a V...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator 2

Hi I am trying to set up Apple Configurator 2 so I can enrol some iPads into our apple school manager and jamfIn the configurator set up I am being asked for the MDM servers name and host name or IP address.Can anyone tell me where to find it?? I hav...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nudge "Asynchronous software update key"

Anyone have tried Deploying nudge with M1 machines ? Nudge doesn't download the minor OS update with M1 macs , with still "asynchronous software update" key set to false. Is there any way to make this work ? or I am missing something?  View more

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 7.49.52 PM.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Removal script no longer works?

Hello, trying to remove the demon known as SEP from a few machines. I am deploying the Broadcom provided script via PKG, then invoking it via policy with the -A switch. The following appears in the logs:Result of command: TERM environment variable no...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Collage App

So we use an app called Collage to mirror to our interactive flat panels. The app is from the company we purchased the panels from. The app seems to install fine via self service and I have a configuration file to allow standard user to allow app for...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 12.48.37 PM.png
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors