Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Re-enroll an iPod Touch

We have an iPod that was accidentally deleted in JAMF, the profile that remains on the iPod does not allow the device to be connected to a computer so using Apple Configurator does not work. I tried doing a hard reset on the device and it stays the s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling Sophos Endpoint Protection

Hi all, we're having a difficult time uninstalling Sophos Endpoint Protection from our Mac endpoints with Jamf. This particular enterprise version of Sophos employs Tamper Protection, which was easy enough for us to disable by creating a policy that ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not mount distribution point

Having trouble with some local SMB mounts I can manually mount them with the read only and read write user just fine but when I hit the replication button in Jamf Admin I get a failure that just states the distribution point could not be mounted. any...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

In House iOS app URL?

In the past we used custom web hosting to publish our in house iOS apps. It was a bit of work to setup, but it allowed us to push apps to iOS devices enrolled in JSS, but also to send a URL for individual, non-enrolled iOS devices as well. We have si...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute to RF Receiver

We are attempting to determine how many of our machines in our environment are using the LG Unifying RF receiver because of a vulnerability in them that allows for them to be hijacked. I believe an extension attribute would be the best way to determi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS and DNS Failover

Hi All, Has anybody had an issue where they are provided with two DNS Servers as part of their DHCP assignment. All web and connection activity does not work until the primary DNS is removed and the secondary DNS is set as the primary (manually added...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues deleting keychain entry Catalina

Hi all, I've seen a few keychain deleting threads but unfortunately none have helped thus far. I want to be able to delete the below login keychain with a command. The command i've tried to use is: sudo /usr/bin/security delete-certificate -c com.app...  View more

3ac1455ae0104c229e6a782c0e413a9c
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Mojave Upgrade

Hi Folks! Hoping someone can help. We're using Self Service to upgrade our workstations to Mojave using the kc9wwh/macOSUpgrade script, and all seems to be going as expected except for as soon as the workstation is ready to restart it gets stuck tryi...  View more

a31020282f9c475d929d06cbabdc4cf2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC Install Policy with Catalina

I looked through the existing discussions about this topic but there weren't any that fit the issue I am having. Our process for deploying Adobe CC is creating a package using Adobe Admin Console, downloading that package and running the downloader f...  View more

44819d863473489cb0e7d713117ea161
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault on Catalina

Anyone else having issue pushing or deploying a FileVault configuration profile to Catalina devices?Issue we're seen on our end on an MacBook Pro 16" with Catalina 10.15.3-when pushing the profile, it ask for the administrator password, after enterin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra Download?

I am not having much luck finding a full installer for High Sierra for an older mac. The only one I have keeps giving an error that the copy is damaged. Google has not been my friend with this one...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Files App, Servers and Managed Domains

One of the features of the Files App in iOS 13 is the ability to connect to smb servers. I've noticed, however, that if you're using the managed/unmanaged document settings, documents copied from those smb shares seem to count as unmanaged for the pu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

script help - binding to ad based on multiple checks

We need to bind our machines to specific OUs based on location and whether it's a laptop or desktop. I wrote (read: adapted from other scripts) this script up, but my scripting skills are pretty bad, would someone take a look at it and see if my logi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Account has been Disabled

One of our users typed in the wrong password to her computer multiple times. I used the recovery key to change the password, after successfully changing the password, she gets the message that says "Account has been disabled" see screenshot below. us...  View more

40b1cc1c32d04b37ba4877fa3caa5cff 72d3691ca0874e998e157a51dc651315
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installed Applications

When a machine auto checks into the JSS does it auto-remove and add applications it has installed? For some context, we currently have a smart computer group set up to look at what users have Adobe Illustrator 2020 installed as we want to remove it f...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updates for this mac are managed bu 127.0.0.1

hello As per my attachments , in System Preferences - Updates i get the message Updates for this mac are managed bu 127.0.0.1if i select defaults and enter in my password, i get to view the updates i should be missing.Anyone with an idea as to why it...  View more

8bad2de374644168ba70f547b710fbab c4246f3c93b04d3da4344c26035aac29
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using DSCL to Create an Array of Admin Users

Hi guys, I am using dscl . read to create an array with users in the Admin Group. However, its not giving me what I want. I want each user in the Admin Group to be a separate element in the array. How do I do that? I tried using cut -d " " but that d...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed command for pushing apps

I'm new to Jamf pro and have experienced issues with pushing out apps. Under the device in management history it shows failed commands and the error appears as 'Please log in to your iTunes Store account'. Any suggestions as to what this could be.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.19.0 Management Account Information Changes

Can anyone better explain the following from the 10.19.0 release notes? Management Account Information Changes—The Management Account information that is configured in the User-Initiated Enrollment settings is no longer included in the Account Settin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

DEP skipped when WiFi is slow

We recently had multiple people join the network through one Access Point during our Onboarding sessions. So many that the WiFi went down to an unusable speed apparently. When turning on a selected few DEP enabled devices it went through the setup, i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Cert with new Apple ID

Seems our Apple ID used to create the Push Cert was changed. If I create a new Push Cert with the new Apple ID, what changes will the end-user see, and or experience?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run command at user level via simple script

Hello! I am very inexperienced with scripting, so tell me if i'm in the wrong place. I want to have a simple script execute the following (at a user level): defaults write com.apple.loginwindow TALLogoutSavesState -bool false I have a few scripts (fo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles with JSON Custom Schema

Hello, I not sure if anyone has worked this out or if its even possible. I am trying to add a custom schema for Microsoft Defender ATP "com.microsoft.wdav" to Jamf. I have worked out most of the setting which are required for the plist. The problem w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

DE - Call for speakers promo on Jamf Nation

Jamf Nation Berlin 2020 - Speaker gesucht! Am 14. Mai 2020 macht unser Jamf Nation Event zum ersten Mal Stopp in der deutschen Hauptstadt. Dieses Jahr wird größer, vielseitiger und spannender als je zuvor – es wird für jeden etwas dabei sein. Wir suc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 4 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors