Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Office for Mac 2019 Automagically Updating Labs?

What's everyone doing nowaday to keep labs and machines up to date without having to push out packages every time a new update comes out? Currently we have a sketchy script solution that is not exactly what we hoped it'd be. Anyone have any suggestio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfPro Server Resourse Hungry

I built my JamfPro server on a CentOS 7 VM. It is not a repo or distribution point just the apache tomcat server and the mysql server. It uses a lot more RAM that I was expecting. I started with 2gig and quickly noted it was using almost all of it. T...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change default save location

We've implemented nomad and are moving all user files from windows based AD locations to google drive. Does anyone know if there is a way to make all save dialog boxes point to google drive file stream?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Help with upgrading users to Mojave

I have been using a document that I received from JAMF entitled "Upgrading to macOS High Sierra" in order to upgrade our users to macOS Mojave. This process uses a script from GitHub and an installer packaged up in Jamf Composer.This process has work...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with understanding the iOS update process

We run a fleet of 66 iPads, supervised, in single app mode, as room schedule displays. I have a few test iPads, and am having a lot of trouble running iOS updates. Base config: profile to delay software updates profile to put them into single app mod...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

How do you deploy Adobe CC 2019 ?

I have tried to login on adobes sites and create a package for fx Photoshop cc2019 20.05 (latest version)I try the default way to deploy it cached first and then another policy where it install the caches version. But It does not install Then I tried...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 2 kudos

Prestage Enrollments Status stuck at "Assigned"

Hi, From day one we have had issues with computers and mobile devices not getting the "Prestage Enrollment Status" Completed. Almost all devices are stuck at "Assigned" and get this status renewed over and over again. Only a few devices have gotten t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

10.14.4 Update and T2 Macs

I'm curious if anyone out there is seeing identical behavior to the post linked below: JN Post - Update required/startup disk The macOS 10.14.4 update is being requested and installed via a script that's using Apple-recommended means: softwareupdate ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

o365 Microsoft Terms Use pop up

End users are now getting a pop up message for Microsoft Terms Use every time they launch a MS Office Suite application. Trying to suppress this message but do not know how. Looking at plist file, cache....can't find the culprit. Any help would be gr...  View more

382e198455924b1abe41442e7f43504a
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regex error

I'm trying to make a smart group of macOS devices with Office 2019 installed. I'm trying to use a regex on the version number to differentiate between Office 2016 (16.16.x) and 2019 (16.17.x-16.2x.x). The regex is ^16.([0-9]|1[0-6]).d According to re...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Sheets Export with GID question

Does anyone have any insight on how to download a Google Sheet to a tsv/csv if the GID is something other than 0? I have lots of scripts that download tsv's from Google Sheets. However, they all do it from the first sheet (gid 0). I now have some wor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabling filevault2 for hidden admin account

Fairly new jamf admin here so bear with me.. We've got a handful of end user, in production machines already enrolled in jamf that we need to enable filevault 2 for the hidden admin account that we create during enrollment. We have a policy that enab...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to MySQL 8

We plan up on updating JamfPro to v10.11, and ulitmately MySQL 8. Does anyone have any experience upgrading to MySQL 8? Did you use inplace upgrade install, or another method?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

JAMF Connect Seamless SSO

With JAMF connect and Azure AD is the expectation that seamless SSO would work or would more steps be required such as JAMF Connect Verify or something else?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ad Blocker for macOS

All, Simple question, possibly a complex answer. Do any of you use an ad blocker such as uBlock Origin etc. If so what is it and why did you pick that one. I am looking at possible ad blockers for my environment as we have seen a number of phishing/p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Privacy Preferences Policy Control Woes

Struggling a tad with the new Privacy Preferences Policy Control feature in Jamf and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I created a profile, scoped my test machine and added the followingAs IDENTIFIER I tried both/Applications/Vmware Horizo...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy in Loop till user is logged in

Because in my deployment I'm launching policies which need to have the local user logged in, I must put on standby all "Enrollment Complete" trigger policies before they start, waiting for the Local User to be created and then logged in. My idea is t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 10.11.0 -> Enrollment complete

Hi, back again, got soms logs of one of our clients and it still seems after the Jamf Binary upgrades the devices checks for enrollmentComplete!Watch out with upgrading, i can trigger one of your workflows. Got an case open @jamf 2019-03-26 16:02:57+...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 autodiscover

Hi everyone.We are trying to deploy Office 365 to all of our Macs.I used this guide to do it:https://www.jamf.com/blog/help-users-activate-microsoft-office-365-and-configure-outlook-in-one-click/We have an email for each user and a different one for ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CC suite - best practise to upgrade

On our macs we currently have all kind of CC versions running from CC2015 to CC2019. As Far I know Adobe RUM will not work with full updates, but only patching current versions. So I can push out a new Adobe photoshop CC 2019 package to the client th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename Account and fullname - script ?

We are using ADCS so the client is requesting a certificate based on the account name and fullname on the client so it matches the AD. However, we have a lot of random user accounts created on macs by users given all sorts of both account names and f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory error with macOS 10.14.4

From trying run an inventory scan from Jamf Remote (10.9) to a macOS 10.14.4, we receive this error in the jamf.log Failed to symlink JAMF The file “jamf” couldn’t be saved in the folder “bin”. Failed to symlink JAMFAgent The file “jamfAgent” couldn’...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors